Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

After selling my 2002 ST I target a used 2011 sprint GT at my local dealer. I double checked the oil level on this bike and dicovered the oil dipstick is metalic w/ a flat spot at the bottom.

It's a Novemebr 2011 GT.

Do you guys have such a dipstick on your GT, and if so what should be the corret level.

Thanks.

Fred

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would have the dealer check to see that it is the correct one. There was a recall on some of the dipsticks because they were of the wrong type.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes, I saw it but it regards only some 2010 models.

Is somebody around w/ a 2011 (possibly late 2011) GT to see what kind of dipstick he has?

Fred

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have and all plastic dipstick. Not sure of the build date for it. It's a 2011 though

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL nice Dan!:D

Just to be clear now .... my plastic dipstick on my GT is approx .146mm from the underside of the top to the end.
146 mm ok. Thanks.

And what about the length between the underside of the top and the top of the cross-hatched zone (that is the max oil level)?

Fred

·
Registered
267 Posts
Just checked mine prior to heading off. It is plastic, 150 mm from O-ring under top flange to end, 140 mm from Oring to full (top of cross-hatched zone).

After my first measurements, I used a second caliper to verify them, as my measurements were different from DaveM's 146 mm. Maybe US ones are different from OZ ones? Maybe they are all different?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe that's a big mess. I'll try to measure tomorrow the one at the dealer.
I will have the measurement from a french guy probably tonight.

Keep you posted.

Thanks for your time.

BTW I read somewhere that the GT has one more oil liter that the ST. Any info on that?

Fred

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just checked mine prior to heading off. It is plastic, 150 mm from O-ring under top flange to end, 140 mm from Oring to full (top of cross-hatched zone).

After my first measurements, I used a second caliper to verify them, as my measurements were different from DaveM's 146 mm. Maybe US ones are different from OZ ones? Maybe they are all different?

Dave,
Thought you would have learnt by now, apparently everything is Bigger in the U.S. :D

Bart

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Dave,

Would you be kind enough to post a picture of your dipstick?

The french guy has 140/150mm!!!

The vin of the bike I'll pick up is in the recall range. Luckily when I checked the level it was above the max. I called the dealer. He said it's plastic.

Fred

1 - 20 of 56 Posts