Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
loads on about front brake probs, ie the lever having excessive travel. My cure on the RS955 (2001) was same as on my 1200, take calipers off and pads out, then clean each piston one at a time, use a bit cop slip and free them up. They should move under finger pressure, bleed them and good as new. At least until they crud up again. The anodised 1200 pistons used to last longer than the 955 ones. Had a mate who worked at Hinckley and he said they they knew about the probs but didnt want old farts killing themselves esp on the tourers with too much grab, hence the smaller size master pistons. all best Snake

PS Any ideas about intermittent cut out on RS955? engine management warning light comes on and engine cuts. Done 16k with no real probs - race pipe and remap on.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi
PS Any ideas about intermittent cut out on RS955? engine management warning light comes on and engine cuts. Done 16k with no real probs - race pipe and remap on.

Snake, When does it cut out? Under acceleration, like from a stop? Mine did that a few years ago. In my case it was the crank position pickup that had loosened up and was making contact with the rotating part on the crank. Check to see if the bolt that holds the pickup in has loosened and put some thread locker on it and torque it down.

HTH,

Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
update on cut out

Hi Rob
Thanks for gen. I checked the ignition pick up and connectors they ok. Noticed leaky fuel pipe whilst doing it and petrol leaking into fuel pump connector. Fixed, cleaned up and now running better, no cut out yet. Owners club reckon the relay that powers the pump is also prone to go, especially if disturbed or driven in lots of really bad weather. Checked out ok so just cleaned up. Stormy here at moment so will give the bike a decent run when weather lifts.
All best
Snake

1 - 3 of 3 Posts