Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, as this is my first post here please be gentle with me!

Does anyone know if front discs from another Triumph model will fit on my '98 Sprint Executive? The reason I ask is that I have only just recovered from the shock of being told the price of new ones from my Triumph dealer. Now I know that brake parts have got to be made well, but £185 EACH seems to be just a tiny bit expensive, and not just because I am Scottish!

Having been unable to find any breakers with Exec discs in stock I thought there may be other models that fit.

Andy.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi Outrunner: Disks from 1995 to 1998 Sprint & Sprint Sport 900, Speed Triple 900, Daytona900/1000/1200, Trophy 900/1200, and probably some other newer years. You could possibly check with Sprint Manufacturing (www.triumphparts.gbr.cc) or Triumph-ant Motorcycles (www.triumph-ant.co.uk), they sell used parts. I'm sure some of the other folks will chime in here too.

Scott

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I may be able to help you with this, I bought some S3 type floating discs intending to uprate the brakes on my Trident, and although the discs fitted the wheel, the 4 piston calipers wouldnt fit the forks blah de blah. Thus I have a pair of brand new, unused, genuine Triumph discs that I dont need. I will look at them this evening and see if they have a part no. to refer to.

G

·
0 Posts
Hey Dave:

If Outrunner passes, I may be interested! There's this pair of Tokico 6-pots sitting in my apartment doing nothing...

Outrunner: FWIW, you can get a pair of EBC rotors for about £185 shipped. (Edit: EBC part numbers are MD640LS & MD640RS for left & right, respectively.)

Thanks,
-Kit

[ This message was edited by: KitNYC on 2006-12-15 18:01 ]

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the info guys, very helpful indeed!

Daveforty.........................if the discs are the same type as mine I will be interested in doing a deal.

Andy.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I looked at the discs to see if there was a part no. stamped on them, but there is only the manufacturer's name - Sunstar, and the minimum thickness. Sunstar are the 'genuine Triumph' parts manufacturer.

Here is a picture of the discs...

Outrunner, send me a PM through here and we can make arrangements.

Kit, if Outrunner decides against the discs I would be happy to deal with you, but I suspect that delivery to the US would be expensive.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Daveforty,

Thanks for posting the picture, the discs look to be the same as mine except for the hole pattern drilled in the rotors but that will make no difference to the performance. My discs do not have a part number either, just the same markings as yours.

Unfortunately, this forum will not let me send a PM until I have made at least 10 posts so could you contact me by Email letting me know how much you are asking including postage and I will have a word with Santa. :-D

Email is [email protected]

Andy.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Aftermarket will be a lot cheaper for new discs. I bought new EBC discs for the Sprint a few years back -- paid US$135 each for them new. Part numbers were:

MD640 LS
MD640 RS

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you're not yet sorted, you could try here - http://www.stealthproducts.co.uk . I used there rotor kits for my 900 sprint and found them to give first class service. If you fit EBC pads to go with them, you'll have no problem stopping. As far as fitting is concerned, don't be frightened. It's just a matter of cutting the old rotor into 3 bits with a hacksaw/grinder and fitting the new rotor to your carrier with the new bobbins supplied with the kit. Plus, the price doesn't require a large scotch and half an hours sit down like the stock parts!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts