Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I am new to this forum,I own a sprint 1050 /2005 ,it cuts out after 10 minutes on tick over, ignition and clocks go off for a short period but lights stay on,then ignition comes back on without me doing anything and it will start .has anyone had this problem?any advice would be great

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Do you have an alarm fitted? If yes It can be the culprit.

ECU/dash power supply are independent from the light power supply.

If not there is numerous things that can cut the dash + ECU w/o cutting the lights:
-key switch wire failing/partially cut (numerous occurrences) green wire,
-engine kill switch contact problem,
-power supply (battery voltage) failing below 11V,
-general engine ground not tightened (rear of the engine) causing intermittent power failure,
-alarm blank off plug contact corrosion.

Fred

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information Fred I have bypassed the green wire to the ignition and reconnect the earth on engine .i saw on the wiring diagram the feed to kill switch and ignition comes directly from the alarm so I’ll check the connection there thanks again

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi again, the alarm on this bike is acumen electronics,is this not standard? Looked at connections and they seem ok.ignition won’t go off until it has run for 10/15 minutes, tried wiggle test on all connections but it stays on until it gets warm then off and immediately back on , looking like a trailer to triumph,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi dave thanks for your reply,it appears that this alarm isn’t liked by anyone so it’s off to a reliable repair shop to have it removed and a diagnostic check , it is a pain to say the least ,I have several bikes mainly older two strokes , easy to work on ,thanks again
Keith

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Hi dave thanks for your reply,it appears that this alarm isn’t liked by anyone so it’s off to a reliable repair shop to have it removed and a diagnostic check , it is a pain to say the least ,I have several bikes mainly older two strokes , easy to work on ,thanks again
Keith
So withdraw it and put the blank plug instead.

Fred

1 - 10 of 10 Posts