Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never been happy with the front brake feel on my 2007 ST1050 abs. This is the third time i've bled them and my results stay the same. It's just that the initial level pull feels pretty soft and the difference between the initial level pull (distance to bar) and after pumping the lever a few times is a bit over a half an inch (in other words after a few pumps the lever to bar distance increases by 1/2-5/8 inches. Normally on other bikes i can get a little difference between initial pull and pumping up the lever but never this much...is that much difference 'normal' on the abs sprint? I use a mittyvac bleeding tool. Also the initial feel of the brake when braking does not inspire confidence and as a result i find i am in the habit of pumping the brake a couple of times when i brake. Dunno if this is a function of the abs and i perhaps need to take it to the dealer for a brake bleed but folks here have stated that you should be able to bleed these ABS brakes (front) normally without any special tools. Just wondering do other folks notice considerable difference between the initial brake pull and subsequent pumping of the lever?

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Proper brake bleeding on ABS equipped Triumph must be done while using the Triumph service diagnostic tool. This is how the ABS modulator solenoid valves are energized to complete the brake bleed process. By not using this method, you are just wasting your time.
Also there is no mention of using a Mity Vac. Triumph likes the old pump and release method.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts