Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,just wondering if anyone can help...just bought my bike last weekend,rode it a couple of times with no problem,but wouldn't start yesterday when I went to pick it up from mechanic doing roadworthy certificate it wouldn't start.It fired maybe twice then nothing more than a backfire.Oil light came on then fuel light as well,though both were checked and ok.Any advice greatly appreciated
Cheers Dave

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you intend on keeping it mate,I would start by buying the Lonelec obd reader cable - get the free software TuneEcu and use your laptop/smartphone to read any error codes it may have thrown ? I was trying to resolve similar issues and found that it's far less painful (and easier ) than 2nd guessing or substituting parts.What year is your bike ?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Worth checking the charging system (should charge at ~14.2V) and the battery state.
Does it crank ok or slowly?

Fred

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bike is still in the shop..mechanics say it started every day after a connector under the tank was changed,but wouldn't start when I tried to pick it up yesterday...apparently connector was faulty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts