Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I have a 99 Legend and I want to fit a 3-1 exhaust system onto the the bike. I have found a used header from a 2000 sprint and I wonder if it will fit. There is no problem if I have to build a custom mid pipe or such, just wonder if the head will bolt on to the cylinder?

Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's not a usable. Sprint 2000 has 955i engine.
955 cylinder head has oval exhaust outles and 885 has round holes :-(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thunderbike 3 into 1 is made for our bikes.
Yes, that is definetly my prefered system but it's a bit expensive and I would like a cheap interim solution until I can afford the thunderbike system. They seem to be hard to find second hand as well. If anybody knows of other 3-1 systems that fits the Legend, links would be appreciated.

/Lars

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Earlier Trophy or Sprint (885) would fit, wouldn't they?
They are not 3 into 1, but yes they would - centerstand and water pipe might give issues

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the answers, now at least I know what to look for and maybe I'lll even end up with the thinderbike one :)

meths389: I'm located in Sweden so I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to have them send it here. Too bad they dont ues email, it makes it much easier to communicate...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think i found something that might work. Its from a -97 speed triple T509. Dont know what price yet though. Do you guys think that it will fit and what modifications will be neccassery?

/Lars

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Same header I have on my bike, and Ronkelli used that one also.

CLICK

The mid pipe was the biggest challenge for me.
ok, just got the price and the guy is asking 2400 sek (swedish) which equals 307$ and that sounds like its a bit too much or is that a reasonable price? I know stuff like this is pretty expensive in Sweden but the Sprint header I found was more in the 100$ region.

·
Premium Member
3,797 Posts
ok, just got the price and the guy is asking 2400 sek (swedish) which equals 307$ and that sounds like its a bit too much or is that a reasonable price?
That seems a little high, but a new one is in the $700 range.
They are hard to find.

That one will work, it requires a little additional modification.
But the muffler and mid pipe would be a little easier.

Click

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks a lot for allt the answers and I guess I'll be thinking about different options for a while. The more research I've done into finding second hand headers and other alternatives the more I start liking the idea of just buying the thunderbike 3-1 system. For starters It looks damn good :)

/Lars

1 - 20 of 22 Posts