Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had an item be on backorder with Triumph parts? I need to get my hands on a 19T front sprocket, I was hoping to go with the OEM one to match my new OEM rear sprocket. However the Front is on backorder. Does this mean I probably will not have it in the next 20 days (when I really need it)? Triumph is not giving a release date to my dealer of course.

So if I went with a JT or AFAM front sprocket instead and a new OEM rear sprocket, is there any issues I need to worry about between the two? I know the OEM sprocket has this rubber cover thing going on, that the JT/AFAM does not......what will I be missing without that rubber (um, I guess I could have worded that last line better)?

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Did you mean the 18 tooth front sprocket? Because the 19 tooth is the stock one. I was told that the rubber helps with noise, but you wouldn't notice the noise anyways. Especially if you modified the exhaust! :D

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I just swapped my stock 19T for an 18T. There was no rubber sprocket/chain parts on my '08 Sprint. Next time, I'd look for a steel 18T countershaft sprocket that's drilled for lower weight.

Regarding the 18T, (finally) the front wheel will just barely float off the ground under full power in 1st gear - I'm happy now :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts