Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought some parts to do a springer seat with the factory bracket still in place and holding all load instead of a frame mount.
I'm using a Harley police K series seat bracket and a basic hinged spring seat bracket. With all parts and bolts its about 50$ to pull of this build.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The k series bracket nearly fits perfectly inside the factory seat bracket but I will need to sand the nose to get it to "seat" properly and allow for proper spacing of the springs by bringing them further forward on the bottom of the pan. The generic hinged bracket will need the slot lengthened but should work great.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This shows how much needs radiused off the K series bracket while the other shows how much the slot needs lengthened on the harley springer bracket.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used carriage bolts with a square base that fits the slot using it to tighten, cleans up the bottom from any bolts and allows for one socket/wrench removal. Getting the large capnut inside the spring takes some force ( I extended the spring by bending it sideways on the end of a small metal rod) Don't expect to get it them out as easy. While still easy to remove from the bike with a pair of long nose locking pliers those springs basically are going to keep those acorn nuts inside forever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts