Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still hung up on wanting a set of FCRs for my 03' TBS but in desperate need of a rear shock recharge, fresh oil etc. I've talked to a few shock people and they say it can be rebuilt, revalved to be quite good and even add a preload adjuster. Anyone gone this route? I've had quotes from 200 for basic rebuild up to 500 for a newly done unit with a preloader and remote.

FCR's on Sudco for the S3 have gone up in price to well over a grand, anyone ever sourced them from another bike like a 4 carb Suzuki or something and just removed a carb and rejetted?

I spent a few hundred at bike bandit the other day for a load of new rubber, coolant hoses, fork seals, and lots of smalls as the stuff has gotten dried out, cracked and even gotten gooey! I've been holding off on the carb rubbers until I decide on the FCR's or not. I don't know if the rubber is the same.... Anyone know who has done this swap?

Valve adjustment is on my list and while the tool is only 70 bucks or so and not really needed I thought I'd ask if someone has one they would sell maybe they don't need (sold their bike etc)

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
The main problem is the spacing between the carbs. I did it with a set of standard Mikunis from a Trophy 4 cylinder. It was a lot of work but it was a success.

For the FCRs, being a high end aftermarket item, you might be able to order the correct linkages & pipes separately though :dunno

1 - 2 of 2 Posts