Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well........as per my luck! The sprag clutch has eaten itself!
£111 for the bigger of the two cogs and £68 for the smaller one.
I contacted Triumph to ask if they could help in any way, either the supply of both parts or just one, and i would pay the rest.

I explained that my bike was out of warranty but very well cared for. All except the last service was done by the Dealer and the last one by a more than capable mechanic.

To cut a long story short, The Man said no way Jose!!!!!!

So, by the time i buy oil, oil filter, gaskets and the parts im looking at £200+.

Last week i read in the uk's weekly bike mag (MCN) how well Triumph are doing despite the economic downturn. What impact would it have had to give the little guy a helping hand?

I understand that this is a common fault in the 955. Im wondering how many 1050's have suffered this problem?

I may not be done with this just yet............

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
sprag replaced by dealer

M '05 speedy had the issue at 10k miles. I wasn't even aware of it, my dealer picked it up during an oil change in '08, went to bat with Triumph and got them to pay for parts and labor. Can't say enough good things about Joe the service manager at Jack Trebour Motorcycles in Ledgewood, NJ.

I agree with you, Triumph needs to re-learn customer service and the value of loyal customers, especially in this market. You might try finding a long-time Triumph dealer in your area, or writing Triumph a letter? Good luck. -SG

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Surya, thanx for that bit of information, i may indeed write them a letter.

If anyone reading this thread has had any problems relating to a sprag clutch, please give details here. I am more interested in the 1050 model as it is more relevant to my experience.

If i can find more people with this problem i may be able to make a case.

I know one thing for sure.......... if i worked at Triumph and was in a position to help, i damn well would have!
Even if it was just the supply of gaskets or oil and filter.
But who am i eh? Just a bloke who put his "hard-earned" into buying a Triumph.
Proud to be British????????????????????????????????????????????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts