Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
I'm not sure it's Sportster-based. The website says it uses an S&S 100 c.i. V-Twin.

I like it. It's industrial without looking ridiculous.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
leftarmlogan,

Of course it isn't a stock Harley motor. S and S takes the Sportster design and strengthens and improves it. Their engines will bolt into a stock Sportster frame.

I owned two CCM, Clews Competition Machines 500cc MX bikes. Big modified thumpers putting out between 40 and 50 horses. BSA "based" engines. They took the BSA B50 motor and cast many of their own parts and did lots of modifications to try and be competitive while making much more power than stock. BSA was out of business by then but the bikes were always referred to as "BSA based" bikes.

Wakan probably can't make the Harley claim for legal reasons but anybody that knows Sportsters knows where that design is from.

Take care,
Joe

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
I'm going to claim ignorance to that as I don't know much about Sportsters or S&S. Though I'm not looking for an argument, I would say it's Sportster-based in a vague sense since it's built around an engine based on a Sportster.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
I can't believe I'm going to admit this but.......I like it!

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
I like the shaker-hood tank top. I hate the name though. Wakan is an anagram of Wanka, & I just know that's what people will call it. "Look at that Wanka on his Wakan" will be come as common a statement as "A fool & his Buel will soon be parted."

·
Banned
9,333 Posts
It's got a bloody tunnel ram poking up through the fake petrol tank!
There is some primeval part of my brain making Tim Allen grunting noises just now after looking at it.

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
It's facing the wrong way, to actually work as a tunnel ram too.:confused:

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
I had to go & have another look, & you are right. My bad. I still think it's it's coolest looking feature though. Even more so, now that i can see it's the right way around. I wonder if it shakes.

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Imagine how weird it would feel, doing the ton, laying flat out over the tank, with that thing giving you a chest massage! Though it could find favour with lady riders.:D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cost is way too much, over $20,000.00. I just thought it was an interesting concept but really not the best bike. Pesonally...I like the new Norton. I wonder if it is actually being produced or is that dead?

Joe

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
And your fridge light it still out. I mean, seriously, how hard is it to put in a new one, Lefty? It's not like they cost $20,000 and can only be had by 9 month waiting list.

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
Why are you in my fridge? You're not a mod anymore so I don't have to keep you around. Beat it before I call the police and tell them an strange older man with an unhealthy addiction to puns has invaded my house.

By the way, I'm interviewing new candidates for my Resident Mod position. All mods are free to apply. In return for keeping me out of trouble, you get to use my fridge as...a fridge. It's a bit dark in there, though, so you might want to pack a flashlight. I'm on the waiting list for a new bulb and it's a long list.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts