·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a decent touring screen?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I agree, double bubble is nice. This one if from Powerbronze.

there is a version out that has an extra aero lip that is like a spoiler at the back of the screen meant to deflect air up higher and it works well to about 70 but then the turbulence behind the screen results in a wicked head buffeting on my buddies VFR.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Great photos. The Black bike is exactly the same as mine. That's exactly the windscreen that I am after. Now it's time to search for it.

I also love the tank bag solution on the blue bike. Awesome idea. Never thought of it for the Daytona and never wanted it on the other bikes because I like magnetic. I use a Ventura Rack and have the option for a grab rail, small rack and pack or large rack and enormus giant bag with the ability to zip two of them together!

With all the touring ability (I even have PTO for electric riding gear) I now want a little more wind protection. Looks like I've found it thanks to you guys. I appreciate it very much. :razz:

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I have heard mixed reviews on the tank bag from Triumph. Pros were build quality and capacity, cons were poor fitting straps. That's why I went with the stuff on the back end. Have fun!

·
Registered
899 Posts
I have a triumph tank bag for my Daytona and can't figure how to use it without the straps rubbing the tank. The old bags were nice, this new one has poorly designed strap attachments. Without making some sort of wrapping for the straps I think the straps would rub the paint off. Plus there really isn't a place to mount the straps under the seat that is easy to get at. I'd say don't waste the money on one for a Daytona. I got mine thrown in with the purchase of the bike so nothing lost.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look at the picture of the Blue bike. It has a mount on the gas filler and that's the tank bag I was referring to. It is a quick release affair with the bag resting on the mount, away from the tank itself. It is very cool. Ducati folks use them a lot.

Think I'll look into one for my Daytona. On my Ducati, I just use the magnetic bag with a tether. At speed (115) the bag tends to fly up, so I have to slow down (dangerous) or depend on the tether.

When flying above 100 it is best to keep your eyes focused on the riding not the worry of a bag!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts