Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that only quite early carb model Americas have spoked wheels. I really want them, is finding an early binned America the only way of acquiring these? Or do spoked wheels from other models fit?

Also an issue would be the twin disc set up on later Speedmasters being converted to a single disc as on early Americas.

Would be interested to hear what people have done, surely I can't be the only one that isn't too keen on cast wheels?

Mike.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Strange as it may seem, many people prefer the Cast Wheels (not me). I wonder if you offered a trade would you get any takers?? The only drawback to owning a Triumph is the lack of readily available aftermarket parts. When I wanted an 18inch spoked rim for my Sportster I had a choice of many vendors on eBay, not so easy with other brands.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Strange as it may seem, many people prefer the Cast Wheels (not me). I wonder if you offered a trade would you get any takers?? The only drawback to owning a Triumph is the lack of readily available aftermarket parts. When I wanted an 18inch spoked rim for my Sportster I had a choice of many vendors on eBay, not so easy with other brands.
Yeah this would be my ideal situation, with cash either way pending tyre condition or faff for the individual. But if anyone is reading this with spoked wheels and would like cast, please let me know.

But then that does raise the issue for the person receiving a cast wheel set up for twin discs as surely the mounts would be on show and look daft. Unless someone wants to swap entire front ends but then it's getting a bit much!

I've seen British Customs do a wheel kit but it's about $1500.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts