Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They said that hsr's do not start that easy and cr's are cheaper and more easy to start. Does anyone with hsr's ever run in cold weather with problems?? How do they run on the highway???

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweat time for u to open a shop with all the work u are doing. engine, sv front end.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The bike isnt hard to start with hsr's...but it doesnt start like it did with cv carbs either. you wont hear BC say anything good about stuff they dont offer for sale.

You also wont hear anything good from BP about BC.

CR carbs are old news man, they may make a little more power than cv's, but not like the hsr's.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I have the HSR's and did it because of a good friend I ride with who has used the CR's and then the FCR's (currently) and he said to get the HSR's as they would be the best for my application. This guy has owned over 20 Bonnies, as well as Guzzi's and Duc's seems to know his stuff. He runs a Weisco 904, FCR 39's and stain tunes to the tune of 75 plus RWHP. He also deals with BC a good bit and is having them build a head for his bike. But still recommended the HSR's.

When it comes to BP and BC - they are like a couple of 5 years olds in a play ground feud. Both promoting their own products to no end and bad mouthing everyone else. They both sell good products (at least what I have purchased from each) you just need to do your own research and know what you are trying to acheive.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i have exchanged email with both, and bp has always answered every question while bc would either run around it or avoid it totally

·
Registered
781 Posts
Both companies, BC and BP, are quite capable. I suspect that both have learned "performance" lessons that make them zealots for their decisions. We're lucky to have two vendors striving to improve the "breed" of Bonneville, one on each coast.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thrux-ton-up, don't mean to be too nosy, but what were your changes/mods/applications that caused the suggestion of HSR's over FCR's? Just interested, as I am considering one or the other for my Thruxton and am looking for any experience-backed opinions. Thanks in advance for any info!

·
Registered
623 Posts
On 2007-02-17 04:02, SCCTrim wrote:
The bike isnt hard to start with hsr's...but it doesnt start like it did with cv carbs either. you wont hear BC say anything good about stuff they dont offer for sale.

You also wont hear anything good from BP about BC.

CR carbs are old news man, they may make a little more power than cv's, but not like the hsr's.
Hey Trim:
When SBTP (Matt Capri) did their first BB kits, they used HSR's, but he encountered tuning/jetting problems with the accel pumps enabled, as BP and Speed also experienced.So then Bill and Lee make it work with accel pumps disabled.
When BC was put it together they started to use the FCR's up to this days that they are 2 total separate companies(BC and SBTP).
About the badmouthing is one side game(Matt Capri never was/is in any forum,so he never said any derogaroty s*it about Bill, in fact he really admires Bill's job, as well as Jorgen.
The BC boys(Sean and Jason, the owner) is a different ball game, they are in forums, like the top banner in this forum indicates.
About performance, the HSR's offers superior torque in comparison of the FCR's, power is a close game( I used both).
About tuning/jetting HSR's with disabled accel pumps are easy to tune, in contrary FCR's are harder to tune, but both are great carbs.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
On 2007-02-17 13:22, 78tiger wrote:
Thrux-ton-up, don't mean to be too nosy, but what were your changes/mods/applications that caused the suggestion of HSR's over FCR's? Just interested, as I am considering one or the other for my Thruxton and am looking for any experience-backed opinions. Thanks in advance for any info!
Custom forged 11-1 pistons, ported heads, 2 mm bigger intake and 1 mm bigger exhaust valves, Matched ports, CCed combustion chambers, K&N pod fiilters, predators, and another 1000 PRM on the rev limiter, as well as billet intakes, ceramic coated headers, 42mm Mikuni HSR's, and maybe some cams someday, if anyone will provide some specs and dyno numbers.

·
Registered
289 Posts
About tuning/jetting HSR's with disabled accel pumps are easy to tune, in contrary FCR's are harder to tune, but both are great carbs.
Hey, mister.. have you had your Centennial Dyno'd since you did all that motor work?

·
Registered
623 Posts
On 2007-02-17 19:57, Hogtied wrote:
Hey, mister.. have you had your Centennial Dyno'd since you did all that motor work?
No Sir... I'm doing break in miles at the moment( about 140 miles total).
When I reach 500 miles, will change oil, coils and plugs, then Matt and I will go to a dyno facility in Anaheim Hills and spend the day there tuning A/F ratios and then power.
I need a CDI with more RPM's, because my stock one revs 800 RPM's less than the current stock ones.
I don't use the after market one anymore.
You will be the first to know :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think I am just gonna keep the engine stock bore piston. They seem bullet proof. I think I am going to try hsr's, with a cam"how come no one lists cam specs??" only and see where the power is???? before tearing into her engine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts