Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy a Pinlock helmet soon, but in the mean time, I am using Jaws Quick Spit. It is designed for diving goggles, and if you follow theses directions, you will have a fog free visor, regardless of temps.

1. Lightly spray to the inside of a clean visor. Smear around with a cotton ball.

2. Let it dry.

3. Gently buff off residue with a microfiber. Just enough to get it clear.

4. Go riding, with the visor down and see clearly.

Best stuff I have ever used.

All Jaws products can be found on Amazon or at a dive shop. They have a product for land sports I haven't yet tried, but this stuff works so fantastically well, I am leery to try it, even though it is the same company.

P.S. Blaze anti-fog is the worst crap on the market. Tried it at the IMS show in Long Beach and it is worse than an untreated visor. It is actually Pro-Fog. Stay Far away from them, absolute and complete ripoff. No phone number to contact the company and they haven't returned my email requesting a refund. I am actually having the bank reverse the charge as I have been ripped off.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Fogging is a real problem for me here in deepest Winter. The cold I can deal with, but not being able to see anything is just downright dangerous.

I've also thought about using the Snorkelling/Diving trick of using (real) spit, but I don't think it will work lol, and sadly I can't see Jaws Quick Spit being available over here :(.

I've always used dish detergent - just put some on a cloth and wipe the inside of your visor. Leave just enough on so it doesn't blur your view. Trouble is you have to keep re-applying it, usually after each ride :(.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am going to buy a Pinlock helmet soon, but in the mean time, I am using Jaws Quick Spit. It is designed for diving goggles, and if you follow theses directions, you will have a fog free visor, regardless of temps.

1. Lightly spray to the inside of a clean visor. Smear around with a cotton ball.

2. Let it dry.

3. Gently buff off residue with a microfiber. Just enough to get it clear.

4. Go riding, with the visor down and see clearly.

Best stuff I have ever used.

All Jaws products can be found on Amazon or at a dive shop. They have a product for land sports I haven't yet tried, but this stuff works so fantastically well, I am leery to try it, even though it is the same company.

P.S. Blaze anti-fog is the worst crap on the market. Tried it at the IMS show in Long Beach and it is worse than an untreated visor. It is actually Pro-Fog. Stay Far away from them, absolute and complete ripoff. No phone number to contact the company and they haven't returned my email requesting a refund. I am actually having the bank reverse the charge as I have been ripped off.
Thanks and you are right on the stuff from the show. I brought back my order the next year and you should have seen the faces on the sharks. :) And it didn't fair well with the bystanders.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,400 Posts
The method of applying the Jaws Quick Spit sounds very similar to the Moto Solutions FogTech, which also works well http://www.motosolutions.com/fogtech.html I would not be surprised if they are similar.

+2 on the Blaze anti-fog being absolute junk. I purchased a bottle at a show after seeing a demo done. I am not sure whether the effectiveness is just that short lived, where it doesn't work more than the minute or two required to perform the demo, or if the stuff that they sell you *isn't* the same stuff they use for the demo. In any case, it is completely ineffective, even attracts more fog as stated, and obscures vision by leaving a shiny film, similar to what you get on the inside of a car window if it hasn't been cleaned in awhile.

The best of the quick apply and wipe products I have found is Clarity DeFog It. Like all of the quick on and off solutions, it has to be re-applied frequently. But at least it does work some.

The Pinlock is the best solution for visors for sure, but I do find myself constantly looking for that "magic bullet" for keeping my eye glasses fog free underneath. Opening the visor at every stop helps, but I keep looking for the best product for that. So far Clarity DeFog-It has won out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts