Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Took the Bonnie for a short 30mi ride today. The seat Spencer did is great. I cannot describe the feeling except my butt didn't hurt, at all. The material sort of absorbs you. It was a bit brisk at 48F°.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Many years ago I had Spencer redo my seat. I could tell a change but not much. Then a couple years ago I went to Astech seats and wanted to see what they could do. When I got there I told them that Spencer reworked the seat once and wondered if that would be a problem. At the time I really didn't know exactly what they were going to do. They said lets see what he did. As I stood there they pulled the staples out, removed the cover and pulled out this small thin square of material. They laughed. And then showed me what they do. They cut out all the foam and replace every bit of it with varying grades of memory foam depending on your weight. this is now by far the most comfortable seat to ride on all day. Yes the Spencer thing did change it, but what Astech did transformed it. Just my 2 cents. Your results may vary.

·
Registered
332 Posts
After a couple of years my '12 Bonnie SE seat became difficult to ride comfortably for 30 minutes plus and began to feel like sitting on a plank of wood. I bought a Triumph Kind and Queen seat that was definitely an improvement and allowed me ride almost all day.

I sent my plank to Spencer to rework and now the original seat is more comfortable than the King and Queen. I prefer being able to move around the seat when riding, so the oem seat is my preferred one to use. I did purchase a Mustang seat, but was unable to install it due to having added a Denali Powerhub instaled next to the battery. The oem and King and Queen seats have sufficient space for the powerhub, but the Mustang seat was designed differently and would not fit with the powerhub there.

Astech is about 3 hours away from me. I will likely have them work on my '19 Speed Twin (SP) seat if something is needed. The fact that they can perform the mods while you wait is great and well worth the ride out there. I have not had enough riding time on the SP to know how the seat feels on longer rides just yet.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Many years ago I had Spencer redo my seat. I could tell a change but not much. Then a couple years ago I went to Astech seats and wanted to see what they could do. When I got there I told them that Spencer reworked the seat once and wondered if that would be a problem. At the time I really didn't know exactly what they were going to do. They said lets see what he did. As I stood there they pulled the staples out, removed the cover and pulled out this small thin square of material. They laughed. And then showed me what they do. They cut out all the foam and replace every bit of it with varying grades of memory foam depending on your weight. this is now by far the most comfortable seat to ride on all day. Yes the Spencer thing did change it, but what Astech did transformed it. Just my 2 cents. Your results may vary.
Thanks for this info. I had never heard of them before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts