Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, look at what they're doing over at Guzzi. 1200 cc's, eight valves and the exhaust can got so big it busted out a goiter, or sub can or something. Still, the Griso has got the same sort of attitude to me that makes the S3 so hip. Probably not the goods to back it up with, but still very cool.

kjazz

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
man, they need to get caught up with the times on that rear wheel design.
and those jet cans are hideous.

but the headers look like they have some nice girth.
is that a carb' i see in there?
mirrors look useless too.

triumph, you made a dent in the world. look at all the little sheepies coming out.
-b

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
On 2006-11-15 22:51, zooplancton wrote:
is that a carb' i see in there?.
Nope. FI all the way. Those are throttle bodies.

My Triumph dealer is also a Moto Guzzi dealer and has several on the showroom floor. Guzzi makes great bikes, and the Griso is really a dandy. Yes, the silencer has got to go, but otherwise I like it a lot. (the 2006 model had better silencers).

I think Triumph makes better bikes for a lower price, but I do really like Moto Guzzi's. (Except for the stupid California's. Yuck.)

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Guzzis are weird. Really weird.

I like them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The cans look like something resembling a Quake BFG....but I have to admit, the more I see it the more I like it... :cool:

·
Registered
700 Posts
I met a guy at the Triumph shop bike night here, also a Guzzi dealer, who told me about his Guzzi LeMans or something. He said that finding parts was impossible. He once bought a pair of handle bars (I guess he wrecked his bike?) and it took 18 months for them to come in. They look good, but parts availabilty is something to think about.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
He said that finding parts was impossible. He once bought a pair of handle bars (I guess he wrecked his bike?) and it took 18 months for them to come in. They look good, but parts availability is something to think about.
Precisely the reason I shied away from a Guzzi and went for a Triumph. That being said, I wanted a Guzzi first. But I do enjoy both my Triumphs and I'd have a hard time ponying up for a Guzzi with the new Tiger beckoning.

·
Registered
959 Posts
On 2006-11-22 10:05, AttackPug wrote:
The more I read & see Guzzi's the more I like them.
Moto Guzzi's are an aquired taste. I own two of them, querks and all. The exhaust on this unit is beyond fuggly. Hopefully someone in the aftermarket will fix this. Headers on both sides would make this beauty even better. From owning these bikes, reliability is their corner stone. I dont think you can break one.

Steve, Gears ect :-D :cool:

·
Registered
98 Posts
I really like it. :cool: "Nice job Moto-Guzzi"

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's to bad Guzzi can't get the financial backing it deserves.
I always like their bikes.....

[ This message was edited by: Mossy21 on 2006-11-24 16:58 ]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts