Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finished my 11TH Century Celtic leather armoured thingie. Pic is thanks to Keef and D2mini advice. Few more pics in my member album.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I continue to be amazed by the diversity of ideas and customizations executed by owners that post on this forum. Nice work Normandy.

·
Registered
100 Posts
me too. I am impressed at some of the customs too, this is no exception.

Note how the theme of chrome engine screws on black engine fits with the studs on black leather. Good thinking.

Two parts on the stock bike that I feel a pooey are the sprocket cover and rear footpeg brackets and am on the lookout for ideas to smarten these up.
I like the little bag/pannier on the rear footpeg - nice.

Also checkout the sprocket cover, matches the cylinder head. Good continuation of theme.

Good work. :)

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the compliments guys. It's always fun when you can marry two hobbies you enjoy. The only mods to date are the AI removal and staintunes ( the engine won't run bad enough to worry about jets, etc. but who knows the future )
The mini paniers are my old America peg plates, inverted shimmed and wrapped in leather. Most of the thin leather fender pieces, seat and all side covers are wrapped in horse hide which is stronger than cowhide. The leather is easier to maintain than paint, just shoe polish and brush. The rear fender cover also holds options like travel bag and passenger seat. Who says customs have to be paint and chrome ?
cheers
Norm
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese

1 - 8 of 8 Posts