Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am a Triumph Dealer from Taiwan~
I have been surfing on this forum for a long time
and find this forum full of great useful informations~

I noticed many people are inquiring for luggage racks for speedtriples,it is time for me to contribute some ideas of what we made ourself~ The luggage rack for Speedtriple 1050!

Hope this info helps~
The rack is handmade to fit the Givi luggages,the silver part of the rack on the rear seat is removable,it is for binding some extra backpacks~

The rack itself is attached by 4 bolts under the rear seat,but I have seen some pictures of guys did the same thing,and ended up breaking the frame when loaded with heavy luggage,so I thought of inserting an extra tube into the square tube of the rear frame,the extra tube is then bolted firmly to the rack~

Nelson

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Cool! It comes with an Arrow exhaust! :hammer:

What is the carrying capacity (weight and volume)?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
That's a great idea done very well. Personally I find the solution too ugly, but there's a lot here to admire. If it were me I would consider just the silver bit over the passenger seat and lose the Givi box. Having a way to easily attach bags and such would be really nice!

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
354 Posts
+1 to Crash's comments. Good idea but needs a bit of refinement for me...

It appears that there is an apparatus on the passenger seat that would make it impossible to use so why not put the box over the seat?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Definitely ugly, but if you have to carry a bunch...I still probably wouldn't use it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Is that off of a Goldwing???????? :wow:

.... and a tear drops from my eye :cry:

·
Registered
973 Posts
Very nicely done Nels. I personally dont tour on my S3 but for someone who does that is the best so far. Lars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts