Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to take the speedometer apart? I have it disassembled down to seperating the chrome dress ring on the front and the back plastic housing, I'm just not sure how to separate the two pieces without breaking them. Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
You'll need a miniscule phillips screwdriver to remove the screw that secures the odometer reset knob. Once the screw is removed, the reset knob will pull straight out. Of course, the speedo cable is obvious...as are the two nuts on the bottom of the housings. After that you just have to be careful with the wires that supply juice to the instruments lights and you should be able to pull the cup away from the clock. See the schematic on this link.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
I tried taking mine apart a while ago to try to calibrate the thing in the 50-80 mph range. I couldn't figure out any way to remove the chrome bezel or get the black casing off. Maybe it is glued in at assembly, or maybe I didn't use enough force...

On 2007-02-26 17:17, RANCAM wrote:
Does anyone know how to take the speedometer apart? I have it disassembled down to seperating the chrome dress ring on the front and the back plastic housing, I'm just not sure how to separate the two pieces without breaking them. Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks
Randy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts