Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my Speedo replaced today under warranty. The ding-a-ling that replaced it folded the rubber seal under the right side, I caught it before leaving the lot and had him fix it. A mechanic didn't do it, but the guy who wrote me up behind the computer - go figure. Now - browsing through various threads I see no mention of what came as a shock to me. There is no way to match mileage with actual - so you start out at ZERO again. I guess I'll have to learn to always do the math in my head. Not happy about this aspect - I know in actuality it makes no difference - but somehow took something away from how I feel about the bike, and I can't get that back.

When I asked about it (because it was a surprise to me), the dealer employee was a smartass and said they could just put the old one back in if I like? Can't wait for the customer survey to show up on this one.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I've read other posts before commenting on how they can't set the odometer. That would irritate me as well. As for the smart ass comment I'd be calling that guy's supervisor, and putting in a complaint. That is no way to talk to a customer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts