Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I spent this weekend riding the Great River Road and would use my handlebar mounted GPS when I wanted to find a bite to eat, or if I decided to go off course and want to know exactly how to get to my destination based on the new route. A curious thing: I noticed that when I was at roughly 50 miles per hour on the speedometer, my GPS indicated 45. On the highway when my speedometer ready 72, my GPS indicated 65. As I continued to ride through the small towns along the Mississippi, I saw a cop shooting radar. I pulled over, explained the two different numbers, and he agreed to shoot my speed. As it turns out, my speedometer was off, not the GPS. Has anyone else seen this problem? Is it that the speedometer was originally built for KPH and the speedometer label for the USA market is not accurate? Now I know why people were always riding my a$$, outside of prison that is.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Yes. Others here have reported the same things. It's not just a Triumph issue. Lots of brands have the same issue. I think they are allowed to be off by 10%. Yours seems to be about what mine is off by.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts