Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Sprint ST 955i.
Has anyone upgraded their speedometer with LEDs? Have to admit I can't see a damned thing with regard to the speed I'm driving at night:eek: it's bad enough during the day. Wonder who suggested an orange needle on a black speedo background:confused: Not sure if there are 1 or 2 bulbs, not that it makes a lot of difference under the present situation:cool: If upgraded can anyone give me a link to where wedge type LEDs are purchased. Thanks

·
Registered
311 Posts
I replaced the LEDs in mine (a 1050, though, not 955), with blue LEDs, to better match the digital display in the 1050 cluster.

I would imagine you can get LEDs from either digi-key or Super Bright LEDs. Digi-key usually has better prices, but the site isn't as user friendly and you have to have a better idea of what you're looking for. I get all my LEDs from those two sites.

You'll have to pull the needles off to get the cluster apart enough to find the LEDs, be careful when you're doing this...they're pressed on, so you'll have to pull with some force, but try not to spin them when you're doing it. Moving the needles can break the motors that spin them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have...I actually replaced every bulb on my 00 ST with LEDs from SuperBrightLEDs. All 4 turn signals, tail lights, the cyclops, all the idiot lights, and the gauge illum.

There's only one bulb for the speedo (left side as you're looking at it from the front). Even with the LED replacement, the right side is still dim. Definitely better than stock though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
guage illumination w/ LED's

2000 Sprint ST 955i.
Has anyone upgraded their speedometer with LEDs? Have to admit I can't see a damned thing with regard to the speed I'm driving at night:eek: it's bad enough during the day. Wonder who suggested an orange needle on a black speedo background:confused: Not sure if there are 1 or 2 bulbs, not that it makes a lot of difference under the present situation:cool: If upgraded can anyone give me a link to where wedge type LEDs are purchased. Thanks
for my '99 sprint, i've replaced the lite bulbs in all my guages with red LED's, (with the exception of the Tach, which i couldn't, i think because the bulb was not a wedge base or something, cant quite remember).
VERY happy with the result and will change all of the instrument bulbs in all of my bikes with LED's.
good deals on LED's of all kinds can be had at:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/miniature-wedge-base/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts