Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody recommend a good place to get my speedometer and tachometer rebuilt? It's for my '76 T140V Thanks. PS in the USA please.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
If you are not doing a restoration and just need working instruments the replicas they sell on eBay look stock and are much more accurate for about $60 each.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've used Scott at Smiths Gauge Repair twice. Reasonable price. Down to earth guy. And you can be specific about what you want done. Quick turn around. Also very good packaging--not a small thing on a gauge you've some decent cash to restore.
Smiths Gauge Repair

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Locally (Chicago area) haven't heard ANYTHING bad over the years about the guy Alex is recommending. He used to show up at the some of Buzz Walneck's swap meets. I know some picky people he has done work for and they are happy. Other than that I would uses Nisonger as they are the people Triumph used in the States years ago.

K

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks Alex and KADUTZ! I had not heard of this company before now. Might be my choice since its close to home and comes with a couple recommendations. I presume he calibrates the instruments as well?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I didn't request an itemized list on either of my items. Although I'm sure he would have provided one. I'm also sure both of my gauges, TR6 and T160, needed calibrating. But... "Ask da man".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts