Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering why the light on the Tacho lights up the triumph sign and the speedo one doesnt??

Does anyone else have this problem on their 2008 T100??

It annoys me!!!!:mad:

Cheers

·
Registered
10,845 Posts
And you can replace them with automotive LED light bulbs in the color of your choice, might be brighter too. Get the brightest ones you can find in right base size. There are three 194 base size, and one 74 base size in the two clocks together.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I doubt if you have a burned out bulb. The power for these lights comes from a wiring sub-harness that plugs into a connector in the head-light shell. The power wires are spliced numerous times and those solder connections attract corrosion very well. At least this is the description of what exists on my '03 T-100--I doubt if they have changed this area.

My suggestion: Take it to the dealer and ask them to fix it under warranty--an '08 should still be covered by warranty. This wiring sub-harness failed on my '03 in less than a year. The replacement has not missed a beat, yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts