Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am expecting delivery of my 2013 Bonneville any day now and, like many people do, I have a list of mods I plan on making. While I have been able to find lots of information about tyres and shocks and seats etc, I haven't really seen anything about the speedometer. As you will (hopefully) know, the 2013 Bonneville has a cluster of four lights next to the speedometer. While I love the overall look of the bike, this design just looks clunky, old fashioned and frankly a bit cheap. I was wondering if anyone has replaced the bracket and lights for either of these:

If yes, do you have pictures and how easy/difficult was the install?

I'm new to the site, and so apologise in advance if this question has been asked before.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
The quick answer to your question is yes, quite a few people have changed their speedo for a bracket like you pictured. There is a guy on here that makes them, cant think of his name right now but do a search on changing out the speedo with a new bracket(use better language then i did) and you should come up with several threads on it plus the guy that makes them

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The quick answer to your question is yes, quite a few people have changed their speedo for a bracket like you pictured. There is a guy on here that makes them, cant think of his name right now but do a search on changing out the speedo with a new bracket(use better language then i did) and you should come up with several threads on it plus the guy that makes them
Thanks. I'll try and assess the words I use in the search and hopefully find the guy you're talking about.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here I found his name D9(seth) and you can find his stuff here Bonneville Brackets

There are a lot of threads on this subject, search and you'll find a lot of info
Yeah, that's the second link I put in my original post. Due to the big difference in price between the two and I more inclined to go with him. Just hoping to hear what the install is like. My mod/mechanical knowledge is fairly basic, so would be nice to hear if it's a plug n play kind of thing or whether soldering would be involved (in which case I will need to get someone with experience/skills to do it for me).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts