Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:)hi everyone,ive come onto the site for help and advice,i,ve got a speedmaster and was wondering how much wind deflection you get from the different screens on the market, i live in uk and i,m not sure about buying out of uk do you get much shielding from the flysceen type they dont look very big ,i,m not sure how much they take wind off upper body and shoulders its shoulder ache and hand ache i,m suffering from thought about larger screen but dont want to upset handling and create too much buffetting ,i,m sure theres some guys outthere who can point me in the right direction thanks phil

·
Registered
29 Posts
Fly Screen Recommendations

I ride a New Triumph Speedmaster 2007. When I first got her, I thought that there was too much exposure to wind blast at the chest level....made for very tiring riding and lower back pains. But thanks to Stephen Sleddon, I now have one of his most excellent Fly Screens....just enough to break the wind blast at the chest level, but places the helmet in the free stream for ventilation.

I liked them so much that I bought three....one for each of my New Speedmaster bros.

try http://www.dartflyscreens.com/

·
Registered
265 Posts
Roadster

I have the big Triumph Roadster screen. It does cause some buffeting at 70 plus mph. I understand lowers corrects that problem. I can't imagine less protection. I used to ride a Norton and had to put a fairing on that bike as the constant wind pressure hurt my neck. Now I see over the screen and am well out of the wind blast.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I purchased the dart flyscreen from newbonneville.com. Had it on in about 10 minutes last night and immediately noticed a difference. It deflects the wind to your helmet, which, if you wear full face, is just fine. If you wore an open face helmet you might not enjoy that too much. But it's a great solution for me and it actually looks hot on the speedy. I don't like the look of most windshields, especially on a hot rod like the speedy, but the dart in a tint looks pretty badass. Fits the bike well and is functional enough to warrant the cost IMO.

My .02

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
windscreen advice

:)thanks for all replies, i,m going for the small dart type i think cant believe it keeps wind off theyre tiny but too many say that it will do the job also it wont look overpowering on the bike
many thanks to all who helped:cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
HI

need feedback. i ride a t 100 and fitted a detachable wind screen which makes a whistling sound above 80 kms / hr.

any suggestion how to eliminate or reduce this

1 - 7 of 7 Posts