Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience installing these? The instruction that came with them are generic and not very helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anyone have experience installing these? The instruction that came with them are generic and not very helpful.

Which bag model did you go with? I went with the Triumph Speedmaster Spear Shock Cutout Motorcycle Saddlebags. I installed them but I don't know that I went with the quick release mounting? I agree the instructions were not great. But if I can help I will.

·
Registered
61 Posts
So I didn't buy them but I sure looked at them for a long time. Viking had some good videos on how to mount them, and after watching them 4 or 5 times it just didn't look that hard. The videos were detailed.
Have you tried those?
Good luck with it and let us know how they look and work after you get done. I am still on the fence, I am using the Triumph bags that I had the dealer throw in when I bought the bike in 2013.
Oak

·
Registered
53 Posts
I didn't quick release mount them using the velcro straps. I hard mounted them I guess you could say and that was not the smoothest process trying to get everything lined up and the bolts through the factory holes. For the price I feel like they are not bad. But certainly not ones I want to take off every time I wash the bike. I can get some pics when I get my phone back.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have the quick release brackets and i like them alot. I can take my bags off/on in just a few mins time.There should be a video on how to install them on the web site.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies! I did figure it out eventually, if anyone goes the quick release route you need a large spacer and a small spacer on the back fender bolt. Tried them out today it was nice not having a backpack on and I can take them off with a turn of a key!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies! I did figure it out eventually, if anyone goes the quick release route you need a large spacer and a small spacer on the back fender bolt. Tried them out today it was nice not having a backpack on and I can take them off with a turn of a key!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts