Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know:
How much shorter are these than stock Bonnie shocks?
Will handling be stable if I drop the front forks the same amount?

I have to decide on these soon, so any advice is really appreciated! :-D

·
Registered
401 Posts
They're about an inch shorter. I sold my old stockers to rodburner about six weeks ago, he'd probably have some insight as to how is bike handles with the Speedmaster shocks vice the Bonny shocks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I put Bonneville America shocks on my Bonnie Black, It dropped it nearly an inch, I recommend it highly.

·
Registered
666 Posts
You would not happen to have a photo you could post of that set up would you????????? Interesting, very very interesting.......

You like the ride? No handling issues?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I think Thruxton shocks are 1" lower than stock Bonnies. You will have to lower the fork tubes to match whatever decrease you are looking to get. If you go that route, get some performance Ikon shocks from newbonneville. You can get them set up for 1" lower. Also, upgrade the fork springs.

·
Registered
375 Posts
i just put the bonnie Ikon shocks on my Thruxton last night and it dropped the rear around an inch. I've only ridden it for around 20 minutes, but so far lowering the front and rear has made a huge improvement.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the feedback everybody! You guys are a very helpful group and its much appreciated.

I'm buying some shocks from Sweatmachine that will do the trick.

Cheers,

Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts