Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know there are some threads about using fast eddy mirrors on the stock stem.. I still don't like the stem.. Someone says any 10mm mirror will work.. Im not 100% on that.

I see lots of converters for sale, some expensive some not(JC Whitney, new speedmaster, etc. has anyone have any luck using the converters? If so, which brand?

Let me know
Much Appreciated.

·
Lifetime Premium
1,670 Posts
I made my own mirror adapters out of aluminum. Total cost: $2.

Then I bought a pair of mirrors I found on Ebay that have the same finish as the triple tree. I bought black oxide mounting screws which have since rusted - I'm going to replace them with stainless.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great but still need other options

Im not skilled enough to make my own stems. There must be a better way.. Thanks for the info.

·
Lifetime Premium
1,670 Posts
You could just buy any of those adapters then, they're all the same and all equally overpriced. I made my own because with the purchase price, shipping, taxes and duties at the border, I was looking at close to $75, and for what? Making my own was really quick and easy seeing as I have a small Atlas lathe in my basement.

If there's enough interest, I'd be willing to make up a whole bunch of them. I have a friend who has a couple CNC lathes, so I could make a really large batch if necessary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts