Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was hanging out at our local dealer here in Reno & on floor was new 2004 BLACK Speedmaster they had just uncrated from England! Now I see what Dazco & all the other SM fans are going on about---that bike was just one smooth move! Also had a new T100 on floor with just 940 miles on it---divorce brought it back in-no I don't know details or probably want to but it was nice w/accessories on it. Also some guy in there drooling on the Rocket 3's. I was bummed out yesterday morning cause I wanted to ride to dealer but was raining so I got my fix by just lurking in showroom!! You believe the price on those Triumph leather jackets??

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
i assume you've seen plenty of SM pictures. But i know what you mean. In person they look so much better, tho i guess thats true of many bikes. I didn't go to my dealer to buy a speedy. But when i saw it i was awed. i went theere to buy an america which i almost did. But i couldn't take my eyes of the speedy and finally told him thats the one. i still stare at it every chance i get. :-D

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I think we can safely say that photos just don't do any Triumphs justice!

I was already dead set on my black and Red before I saw her but when I went to the dealership, I was really surprised by how much I loved the look of the Speedies and other bikes that I generally wouldn't have thought were my style.

Triumph sure makes it tough to pick. But as so many pointed out to me, they don't have limits on how many you can buy.

~Ridge

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
The Stones said it best:
"... paint it, paint it, black as night."
I'm a happy black and chrome TBA guy.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I'm not sure what' s in the Standox paint that Triump uses, but it does not transfer well to photos. I LOVE the color of my bike. A picture does not do it justice. It's not white and orange (the way it looks on the Triumph site), it's cream and tangerine, and it soooooo silky.

The curves of a Triumph can only be appreciated first hand.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Bill, did they still have that yellow Rocket with the black engine in there.

That thing was awesome looking. I bet it is sold by now. I was checking it out early this month.

I do like the lighter bikes like the Bonneville though for everyday convenience.

On 2005-11-26 16:01, 50yrDream wrote:
Yesterday was hanging out at our local dealer here in Reno & on floor was new 2004 BLACK Speedmaster they had just uncrated from England! Now I see what Dazco & all the other SM fans are going on about---that bike was just one smooth move! Also had a new T100 on floor with just 940 miles on it---divorce brought it back in-no I don't know details or probably want to but it was nice w/accessories on it. Also some guy in there drooling on the Rocket 3's. I was bummed out yesterday morning cause I wanted to ride to dealer but was raining so I got my fix by just lurking in showroom!! You believe the price on those Triumph leather jackets??

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Panthermark, you are so right about the Opal & tangerine! When I went up for the Demo ride & saw it sitting there-I said thats the one I'm going to ride! And did-and loved it-but then rode the Bonnie Black with Predators airbox removal & dyno work! D*** Decisions! You know how good ChuckatTahoes Opal & Tang always looks in his pics---But seeing in person is a whole other thing as you well know!!l Face it, we love Triumph!!

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
It's true....Chuck's pics of his bike always look so friggin sweet. tho opposite of the usual "looks better in person than the pics", chuck's look even better than the one i saw in person ! go figure. Either Chuck has some kinda magical camera or he details it so friggin well......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts