Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
need some advice on a couple of things. firstly i am used to tinkering on old bikes like the xs650 or Harley evo engines so trying to understand an efi bike is like taking a course in rocket science.
I have just removed my Air injection and o2 sensors and have long TORs on my bike and since then the bike is not running quite as well as it was before. to me its leaner on the A/F mix and plug chops have confirmed it. i need a remap i know, but which one to use ? i dont know if the OEM Tor map is on it or not until i get the cable in the post even then im not sure the OEM Tor map is any use without the Air Injection. could someone point me in the direction of a map For Tors without the AI present and no other mods? all other maps ive seen are for fully modded bikes
thanks

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Quilty82, as noted above, TTP is a good source for a ready made tune.
Sounds like you have an OBD to USB cable on order to allow you to use TuneEcu. If so, after you get TuneEcu up & running you can load a modified TOR tune. You would need to open the TOR tune(read and save the tune in your ECU), uncheck the SAI & O2 sensors boxes and save the map. Then you could load that modified map to the ECU.
The base tune is on the lean side with the stock exhaust, the TOR map accounts for some added exhaust flow but will still leave you on the verge of lean with free flowing exhaust. Removing the air injection bits will not effect this as it injects the air after the combustion process, but removing the O2 sensors does effect things at low RPM or small throttle opening operation. So, there are some fueling changes that should be made when removing them.

Do you have an early EFI model with the speedometer driven off the front wheel or the updated version with the speedo coming from the motor and less forward foot controls?
There is one tune out there for SAI & O2 delete but is for the models with mechanical front wheel driven speedo. There are a few other unseen items that will not let that tune be loaded directly to the later models.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Firstly thanks for the reply.
As it turns out I have a 2010 with mechanical odometer. OBD cable came today. I will check diagnostics first to see if there are any other issues before I download a new map. I have only removed the SAI. O2 sensors are still in. Part of the kit I bought has a blocker for the O2 sensors I think.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Do verify which map is currently loaded before making any changes. If your not already running with the TOR map do load it (after modifying or unchecking the SAI box).
The O2 block off parts are likely just 2 bolts & washers (same size/thread as the SAI block off) for the header pipe bungs if you remove the O2 sensors. If you decide to delete the O2 sensors check out the one "custom" map for that configuration on the TuneECU sites T_Twin_Custom_Map's page. You can load & run/test that map with the sensors in place, but would need to remove them if they will no longer be used.
I think the TTP tune may be the preferred fuel map/tune but that would be a way to test no O2 sensors before spending any more money.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its all done. Bike rides perfectly now. Not sure what map was already loaded onto the ecu. The retrieve map button was greyed out and I couldn't click on it. I had loaded the new one onto the program before I plugged in. I managed to rebalance my butterfly's in the process as they were slightly off. I'm very happy with the performance of the bike now. Idle isn't wobbly anymore. I'll look at my plugs again and see if it's any better after a few miles but I can definitely hear and feel a difference. Thanks for your help lads

1 - 6 of 6 Posts