Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear forum.
I have searched everywhere on these forums, Triumph service manual and owners manual, so i guess the answer is NO to my question.
Can the shift lever be adjusted to accommodate one's preference?
Only have a hundred miles on it so it may be a getting used to thing or maybe i need a narrower shoe at the toe.
My foot (10.5 US) is a tight fit on the shift lever and am always struggling to move my shoe tip in and out therefore the shifts are not being quickly and surely executed. I am a former Thunderbird owner, bless their hearts..... have had no problems there.

Tryed different shoes, still tight.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Follow the linkage back, there is an adjustment nut where is goes into the case. Thers is a Triumph logo on the case and the adjustment nut is just below the H and a little to the right.

I had to adjust to get my size 13s to fit and it worked great although a heel and toe shifter is still beig considered.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks....should have been obvious to me. I was looking for a adjustment at shift lever. It did help lifting it but i think i need to curve the top part of the shifter inward a little.

·
Registered
27 Posts
shift lever

Hello mate. I did EXACTLY this last night on my new Speedmaster, which also has 100 miles on it!! However, although I am sure you can do it using the adjustment rod and get an infinite adjustment, I did it by moving the clamp by one spline on the gear box shaft. This raised the pedal part of the lever by about one inch which was perfect for me. Happy riding!! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello mate. I did EXACTLY this last night on my new Speedmaster, which also has 100 miles on it!! However, although I am sure you can do it using the adjustment rod and get an infinite adjustment, I did it by moving the clamp by one spline on the gear box shaft. This raised the pedal part of the lever by about one inch which was perfect for me. Happy riding!! :)
Maybe it's faster than setup the steel threaded rod, but consider that doing so, you change the lever angle and this changes the horizontal component of the thrust you apply on the pedal
Maybe it's effective, or not.
Sometimes it simply adds need of overthrust the pedal.

I'd prefer leave the clamp at its angle and work on the nuts at extremes of the threaded bar... more adjustment capability, and the lever angle remains the same.

Anyway, it is a highly recommended daily maintenance operation...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Speedmaster windshield

Hello.
I have an 06 Speedmaster.
I found a Triumph Summer screen for it, and I'm tring to mount it.
Does anyone have any instructions on 'how to'?
Do the bottom clips go onto the headlight bracket? Where do the upper arms go?
Any help greatly appreciated...
Thanks.
Dave
[email protected]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello.
I have an 06 Speedmaster.
I found a Triumph Summer screen for it, and I'm tring to mount it.
Does anyone have any instructions on 'how to'?
Do the bottom clips go onto the headlight bracket? Where do the upper arms go?
Any help greatly appreciated...
Thanks.
Dave
[email protected]
Hello.
This is not exactly the right place on which to place questions about screens, therefore best if any manager/moderator would place these threads in a better place, anyway you're welcome, Dave!

Front forks on the Speedmaster allow two mounting points: the lower one, obviously, is the couple of holes that allows place the auxiliary lights holder arm, the above one (in the below side of the fork head) is accessible by removing the cables (steel wire made) guides.

Remove the cable guides, and you'll be able to mount your windscreen.

Regards!

·
Registered
15 Posts
shift lever adj.

pedro is right , just remove clamping bolt ,mark position of lever on splined shaft , remove it and move it a spline or so in the direction you need , it was the first modification I did on my america , I could:)n't fit my fat feet under lever...g.e.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My dealer did this adjustment for me as well as leavers just before I rode home the day I picked up my new bike. I was very pleased with that service.They even took a photo and emailed it to me.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts