Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2010 speedmaster efi that is stock but came with 2and set of exhaust that are open flow but pop and backfire to badly, I am going to remap for the aftermarket exhaust and want to remove the secondary air injector system,but can I instead just disable it through the ecu remap and leave it all in place to save buying bolt bungs etc ? Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Pretty sure the air pump will still work, and you still have ports in the head and airbox.
It's only about $25 from TTP(a lot less if you source the parts yourself), and an hour of work

·
Registered
402 Posts
Via the ECU you can only disable the fault code, not the actual function. So yes you could leave it all in place, unplug the connector and disable the fault code.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Naki1, you can disable the monitoring of the SAI bits by modifying the aftermarket muffler map. You would need to open the map, un-check the SAI box and "save" the change. Then download the modified map to the ECU.
But that will not actually disable the SAI. You will have to physically disable it to stop pushing fresh air into the exhaust path. But with it no longer being monitored you could simply disconnect the power to the solenoid and leave the bits in place.
Or just simply block/plug the air hose from the air box with a marble or the like and a couple of tie wraps to keep the blockage in place.

Reactions: Naki1
1 - 4 of 4 Posts