Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Can please somebody tell me where to get one piece of camshaft holder , since the thread on intake side on one holder is damaged, on triumph site they are not selling one piece, but complete assambley for cylinder head.
Light Automotive tire Tread Bicycle part Rim

Font Parallel Rectangle Auto part Art

·
Registered
181 Posts
The top piece is manufactured (machined) at the same time as the head. So you cant have them separate.
A damaged thread in cover screw hole can be repaired using helicoil insert.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finished, very easy, just needs to be careful, and I tight valve cover between 10 and 14Nm :D

Lets see now how is it going to hold...and also I reolaced fuel filter and two rubber hoses, before and after the filter, going for a small trip soon so just to be ready :)

Anyways, thx :)

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Correct torque spec is 9Nm.

~'05 Thruxton~Sport Evolution 1100cc~FCR 39mm~813 cams~+1.5mm valves~oil-in-frame cooling~Ignitech CDI~m-Unit~Acewell CA85~F3 Frankenfork~Hagon Nitros~6-piston Pretech~520 chain~wide 17" rims~tubeless conversion~Michelin Road 5~

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bearing caps to head are 10Nm.
Cover screws to caps are 14Nm
Torque wrenches are cheap.
The cover screws actually bottom out so when they stop turning - dont try harder!
It does not take much damage the thread - but you know that.
For the head torx bolts, use a good fitting socket.

Yep...done everything like, simple :)
To be honest, here in Croatia, tools are f**** expensive...for example, M6 heli coil, 10 inserts inside and 1 tool for that, around 60$ :sneaky:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts