Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
This makes me want a new Tbird. "40 minutes featuring Triumph (with a few adverts)." He, this is one long Triumph commercial with little adverts in between.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Only fer the USA we can't se it here. Shame.
Don't feel bad. I watched a few minutes and it looks like it's aimed at the Harley / cruiser crowd.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Way to judge something you only watched a few minutes of. It showed how at Hinkley they design and build a bike start to finish. They talk about the company and it's history a bit, but nothing you probably didn't already know.

·
30,049 Posts
It was a good vid. They had to pick one model to follow down the production line to show how things are built, but they showed a whole lot more than that. There was some great history in it, and a good look at how the company functions. The narrator was a bit irritating, but overall a lot of fun. I enjoyed seeing the Tigers on the line. Heck, maybe mine was one of them. :D

Good vid.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I went to go look at (and polish) my fuel tank after the vid to see if there was a signature by the carriage striper. I didn't see one. But she's shined up all pretty.

·
30,049 Posts
There should be some initials somewhere at least. I know all the T100 Bonnie owners were all comparing whose initials they had on their tanks for a while. I don't think that guy signs every tank, but I thought they at least initialled them all.

I was very impressed with the skill of those spray painters. Did you see how they moved? Absolute precision - brilliant stuff.

I'm a mechanical engineer, so I enjoyed seeing the plasma nitriding chamber and all the machining and manufacturing stuff. The CNC bending machine is brilliant, and the assembly line really is a modern marvel.

I tried to get a job at Triumph a couple of times as a production engineer, but luckily for you lot they refused to take me on. :D

I did get a look around their factory though, so that was good.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I saw it when it was on Speed, a few little mistakes, calling the S3 a triple speed, but over all pretty cool. All motors done on the same line, and all diff bikes on one line is cool. And the fact that they do the pin striping by hand is pretty nice in this day of everything being automated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts