Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the valve clearances on the Speed Twin are the same as the Thruxton 1200?

·
Registered
214 Posts
You would assume so but I could be wrong. This actually reminded me that is was going to get the Haynes manual.

i just went to the site and thought why not just get the digital copy on my tablet.

Realised they wanted $29.95(Aus) a year subscription. Sure its easier to navigate then the book and has colour pics but for 2 years subscription you get the whole book to keep. Think I’ll buy the book now.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Speed Twin manual I have states:-

0.05 - 0.13mm Inlet
0.12 - 0.22mm Exhaust

don't know if that's what the Thrux requires.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
So I just received my Haynes manual and like @Kinjane said it states the Exhaust as 0.12 to 0.22, but The Haynes manual Covers all the WC 900 & 1200 Bonnevilles/Thruxton/Scramblers ECT. And only states the one Set of Exhaust clearance specs.

I Also have the proper triumph Thruxton WKSP manual and it states 0.08 to 0.18.

So I guess If you go between 0.12 and 0.18 you can’t go wrong. Not much of a range.

be good if anyone had a genuine triumph T120 or Speed Twin manual to compare.

Id lean towards the the proper triumph manual then Haynes one size fits all.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Those 0.12 - 0.22 mm clearances were taken from from the Triumph Speed Twin Service manual.

Cant assist with any T120 data as I deleted that after upgrading to the Speed Twin.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Those 0.12 - 0.22 mm clearances were taken from from the Triumph Speed Twin Service manual.
Cant assist with any T120 data as I deleted that after upgrading to the Speed Twin.

if You don’t mind where did you purchase that one from?

the Only Speed twin manual I could find online to purchase or dowload was the haynes one.

Was only after the T120 for comparison. As Triumph are stating one exhaust figure for the Thruxton and Haynes another. Just wanted to find out if the T120 (or scrambler 1200 for that matter) have anything different quoted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts