Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The stock rear tire is almost in contact with the chain. Going larger could very well end up with the tire in contact with the chain.
Hadn’t thought of that, good call. The tire size is fine as is and looks great, but for some odd reason I find the idea of a slightly wider tire appealing. Not massive like some bikes, just a bit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hadn’t thought of that, good call. The tire size is fine as is and looks great, but for some odd reason I find the idea of a slightly wider tire appealing. Not massive like some bikes, just a bit.
Yeah tire clearance is already maxed out. I put on a 160/60 Q3 and it rubbed the chain, had to switch to a 160/60 S22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
i like the angels on my T120 + as always its mileage or wear or somewhere between!! tyres dimensions vary a bit by manufacturers + tyres GROW at speed!!!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts

Think its time for new tires.

Seems like there are some good options for the Speed. Not looking to break the bank on a top tier sport tire, would much prefer something that gets high mileage.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts