Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Looks like you polished up the headers , what did you use.?
I used Harpic Power Plus 10X toilet bowl cleaner, which contains hydrochloric acid.
This effectively removes the brown discolouration, but be careful with this product, and always use gloves.
I then polished the pipes with Solvol Autosol.
I think it's going to be a never-ending battle, though.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I used Harpic Power Plus 10X toilet bowl cleaner, which contains hydrochloric acid.
This effectively removes the brown discolouration, but be careful with this product, and always use gloves.
I then polished the pipes with Solvol Autosol.
I think it's going to be a never-ending battle, though.
I use the same method although I leave mine brushed, a dark brown patch keeps reappearing though at the front of both bends so it's an ongoing job.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Was a great day for a COVID-19, happy hour, cleaning and polishing in the garage while it rained all day.

As a side note, coming up on 1000 miles and wanted to remove the RPM/miles limit chart on the tank. Tried picking at it with fingernail and it is not coming off. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
As a side note, coming up on 1000 miles and wanted to remove the RPM/miles limit chart on the tank. Tried picking at it with fingernail and it is not coming off. Any ideas?
Warm it up with a hair dryer, making sure not to hover too long in one spot - keep the heat moving so you don't burn the paint. The glue should soften enough to get the sticker off, then finish it up with some Goo-gone.

Reactions: speedstar

·
Registered
66 Posts
Warm it up with a hair dryer, making sure not to hover too long in one spot - keep the heat moving so you don't burn the paint. The glue should soften enough to get the sticker off, then finish it up with some Goo-gone.
I’ll try that tonight after dinner!! Thank for the advice.

Had a nice long ride today!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts