Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

161 - 180 of 382 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Those look exactly like what I have on my Canadian model. I believe they're the LED upgrade in the Accessories section of the Triumph website.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I’ll give the fork adjusters a month or two if it’s not what I’m looking for I’ll drop in the progressive springs. I’m only looking for a subtle change as the stock set up although a tad firm is great when you’re pushing on ( on decent roads ).
The roads around me are rough enough in parts.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I’ll give the fork adjusters a month or two if it’s not what I’m looking for I’ll drop in the progressive springs. I’m only looking for a subtle change as the stock set up although a tad firm is great when you’re pushing on ( on decent roads ).
The roads around me are rough enough in parts.
Yes the suspension is finely tuned. It makes me want to do a track day but they’re kind of rare in these parts as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Well here’s some even worse news on the storage front. The HB top box rack for the speed twin won’t fit with the stock US tail lights. So not only is it very expensive, but I have to buy things to mess with lights, unacceptable! Anyone find any other hard mount options?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Speed Twin with V&H slip ons (with dB killers removed), MRA windscreen, and Corbin seat. Really enjoying this ride.

Looking to install a Tail Tidy next. Any recommendations? Does anyone know what bar risers will fit the Speed Twin (looking at SW Motech 1 1/8 risers)?
How well is the MRA Windscreen, in terms of wind protection at higher speeds?

·
Registered
517 Posts
How well is the MRA Windscreen, in terms of wind protection at higher speeds?
Not great. Are you talking 80,90,100mph? No need to answer........you’re going to get plenty wind with or without the screen. I like the screen cause it keeps the clocks clean but I’m not keeping it on the bike because it does a great job of eradicating the wind, it just moves it a bit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
SW Motech Bar Risers

I’m also interested in bar risers. Has anyone installed any yet? These are back ordered but look like they will work:
LEH.00.039.24000.20.S SW-MOTECH 20mm Handlebar Risers For Select Motorcycles with 28mm Handlebars

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-motech-handlebar-riser-kit-to-fit-28mm-handlebars-for-many-honda-ktm-triumph-models-20mm-rise-silver

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sw-motech-1-18-handlebar-risers
These risers fit the Speed Twin and you can use the stock top clamp. They only look “OK”. I think the Jack Be Quick style of risers would probably look better. However, these were easy to install.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello Everyone,

So as I was breaking in my speed twin at times when id go over a pot hole I felt some rattling sound, little did I know that Speed/Tach Dials ( Unit ) has a free play, I assumed its an easy fix came home and tightened the single bolt between the dials and it has 4 bolts under and two bolds that seem to fasten the unit to the fork. All were tight and there still is a free play ? I am kind of frustrated as I don't know what to do, wonder if anyone else had the same issue and how corrected the same, any help is appreciated as I was not able to find any info online cheers mates !

·
Registered
151 Posts
Pictures of the risers installed on my Speed Twin
I had a set of those on my Speed Triple RS. Never sat well with me that they don't fit in the slot of the OEM properly. The ones I had for my street triple r were so much nicer, just two cylinders that went at the base and lined up perfectly.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Anyone install heated grips on their own? I’ve seen a YouTube video about installing Oxford brand grips but I like the clean look of the Triumph ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

161 - 180 of 382 Posts