Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

121 - 140 of 384 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thinking about picking up the Tec 2 into 1. From what I’ve read the 2 into 1’s are slightly better from a performance perspective. Anyone care to chime in on that? If it’s not the case I’ll go with something a little....nicer looking.

Price is certainly right though.
I think (very personal opinion) the only reason not to buy a 2:1 is that the looks for the side without the exhaust will look odd with the passenger pegs. it is a piece of frame that shouldn't be there in opinion. They could have made them removable at least.
You probably saw this video:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bar Risers for Speed Twin

Anyone add bar risers to a 2019 speed twin yet ? Id like about 20 mm that matches the silver of the current risers
I’m also interested in bar risers. Has anyone installed any yet? These are back ordered but look like they will work:
LEH.00.039.24000.20.S SW-MOTECH 20mm Handlebar Risers For Select Motorcycles with 28mm Handlebars

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-motech-handlebar-riser-kit-to-fit-28mm-handlebars-for-many-honda-ktm-triumph-models-20mm-rise-silver

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sw-motech-1-18-handlebar-risers

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Anyone know the handle bar size? Is it 7/8? Thinking of finally getting that ace bar.
It is one inch at the clamps and tapers to 7/8's at the controls so the Ace bar would work, you wouldn't even need to change the clamps to the Ace clamps. The stock clamps look taller too, which might give you the clearance you need with the Ace given the larger tank.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It is one inch at the clamps and tapers to 7/8's at the controls so the Ace bar would work, you wouldn't even need to change the clamps to the Ace clamps. The stock clamps look taller too, which might give you the clearance you need with the Ace given the larger tank.
I measure 1 1/4 inches (28mm) at the clamp before the start of the taper.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’m going on a short trip this weekend. I’ll let you know how big of an improvement it really is compared to the stock seat.
Hey Thin,

What are your thoughts on that Corbin seat you have? Is it a night and day difference in regards to comfort? I don't think the stock one is that bad but I haven't had the bike long at all but was curious about it.
Moustafa,

The seat itself is more comfortable for me. I have neck/back issues and the firmness of the Corbin Seat is a big improvement. Although, the stocker was tolerable (unlike the stock seat on my Bonneville). However, this Corbin model is much thicker than the stock seat and it raises my seat height enough that the increased forward lean to the bars is causing me neck issues. I’ll have to install some bar risers now in order to take advantage of the seat. The Corbin Gunfighter model would be about the same thickness as the stock seat (I have one on my Bonneville).

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
Looks great! I also want to black out the speed twin logo there, and put the letter in white.
I've been considering painting the "Speed Twin" in red Testors paint, to match my red tank, but haven't had the nerve to pull it off yet.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Im hoping to add a black rear grab rail like I have seen on T120. Not one with a rack just a small tubular grab rail so if a passenger is on bike they have a place to hold. Anyone try one from another model yet ?

I hope they add cruise too. I see some models you can just buy the left side switch assembly

Looks like Triumph is slow to roll out accessories so far. But maybe they will start coming since its a first year model

Also -if you look under rear fender in the black plastic area there are two openings--do they go into the airbox -or what are they for ?

Only 150 miles on mine but i really like it so far!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
@leonardok

I’m curious to see what you have done there, but your images are broken, if you weren’t aware.

Also in terms of needing more red I found that the windscreen gives it a nice pop, and I still have the cool aluminium fenders, which go nice with the brushed accents on the bike.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was convinced that I wanted to paint the mudguards in red. Now it kinda looks better in silver.
With a little makeup
I'm kind of unsure which I prefer to be honest … leaning towards the red but a side shot leaning towards the camera with the rear fender done as well would settle it. :wink2:

121 - 140 of 384 Posts