Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

101 - 120 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Would love to see photos of the tank pads installed on a Speed Twin. I can't find one anywhere online. I had tank pads installed on my old silver Bonneville, but the tank on the red Speed Twin has that horizontal line that runs along it, so tank pads would break that up and perhaps not look as good. Hmmmmm ....
I couldn’t get the knee pads to look right while I was posing them, so I didn’t put them on. Bummer. Guess they’ll have to wait until my wife gets her Street Twin.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My Speed Twin

My Speed Twin with V&H slip ons (with dB killers removed), MRA windscreen, and Corbin seat. Really enjoying this ride.

Looking to install a Tail Tidy next. Any recommendations? Does anyone know what bar risers will fit the Speed Twin (looking at SW Motech 1 1/8 risers)?

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
My Speed Twin with V&H slip ons (with dB killers removed), MRA windscreen, and Corbin seat. Really enjoying this ride.

Looking to install a Tail Tidy next. Any recommendations? Does anyone know what bar risers will fit the Speed Twin (looking at SW Motech 1 1/8 risers)?
I used this tail tidy kit. Very happy with it. (I posted about it earlier on this thread).

https://www.ajcyclesny.com/product/free-spirits-speed-twin-short-cut-license-plate-bracket-tail-tidy-kit/

I believe AJ sells another kit that's even smaller (and cheaper), but it doesn't use the Triumph factory license-plate light, so I opted for the other one.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Hey Thin,

What are your thoughts on that Corbin seat you have? Is it a night and day difference in regards to comfort? I don't think the stock one is that bad but I haven't had the bike long at all but was curious about it.

·
Registered
905 Posts

I used this tail tidy kit. Very happy with it. (I posted about it earlier on this thread).

https://www.ajcyclesny.com/product/free-spirits-speed-twin-short-cut-license-plate-bracket-tail-tidy-kit/

I believe AJ sells another kit that's even smaller (and cheaper), but it doesn't use the Triumph factory license-plate light, so I opted for the other one.
I went with the 17 dollar eBay special which is the same one A&J sells for $55. Seems to be working fine for the moment.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Corbin Seat

Hey Thin,

What are your thoughts on that Corbin seat you have? Is it a night and day difference in regards to comfort? I don't think the stock one is that bad but I haven't had the bike long at all but was curious about it.
I’m going on a short trip this weekend. I’ll let you know how big of an improvement it really is compared to the stock seat.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My results using the DIY tail tidy method. Such an easy mod and free! Love it!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Thinking about picking up the Tec 2 into 1. From what I’ve read the 2 into 1’s are slightly better from a performance perspective. Anyone care to chime in on that? If it’s not the case I’ll go with something a little....nicer looking.

Price is certainly right though.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I know a lot of you are buying slip ons , but I opted to simply drill out the rivets on the end caps , cut the inner cap off and bore a 2'' hole in the middle baffle . I have nearly the same sound coming out as my T120 with Cone slip ons . I will be ordering a Booster Plug for sure and MAYBE an X pipe . I am very happy with the current sound that it makes . My investment so far has been about $22 for this mod . A hole saw and an extension .

101 - 120 of 383 Posts