Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

481 - 500 of 536 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #481
Curious why the flyscreen is not listed as an accessory on Triumph's website. I imagine the Thruxton flyscreen mounting kit should work unless there is something I don't know about.
It 100 percent fits, and they even made it in the correct colors once upon a time. I have it on my bike. I just think they have some of the working accessories limited to give you a reason to get the more expensive bike. There’s no real reason you can’t for a lot but not all the thruxton accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Danke, good to know the bronze look comes back as that looks good!

Mine has fingerprints on the headers that look a bit naff. If I get bored next summer, I might try it. Be interesting to know if the original 'matt/brushed' effect returns over time as the Alu oxidises or whether I'd actually need to 'brush it' with something more abrasive...
The original look does not return after polishing the headers. I had the same issue initially, but after reading Some other threads, tried a light brush with grey scotch brite pads and wd40 as lubricant. Have to say that the results I got from that approach was very satisfying. At first you brush off all of the discolouration, but after a thorough wipe and one heat cycle, the results are as shown in the picture.

Do keep in mind to use the scotch brite in the direction of the original grain

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice one! I ordered the OEM heated grips from triumph during Black Friday sales. Got a nice discount and installation was a breeze. Really like the integration with the instrument cluster.
Have the Arton Works dashboard laying around, waiting to be installed over the winter months.

Still looking for some low profile indicators. Really like the look of Analog Motorcycles flush mount indicators, but open for any other suggestions that fit the OEM fixings

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice one! I ordered the OEM heated grips from triumph during Black Friday sales. Got a nice discount and installation was a breeze. Really like the integration with the instrument cluster.
Have the Arton Works dashboard laying around, waiting to be installed over the winter months.

Still looking for some low profile indicators. Really like the look of Analog Motorcycles flush mount indicators, but open for any other suggestions that fit the OEM fixings
I would have gone for OEM as well but it was sold out and I heard that Oxford really works well. As for the indicators, see what I've done with mine, I got these fork wrapping LED indicators that really clean up the front end and makes the bike slimmer. I thought it was cheap garbage but it's very bright and works perfectly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Danke, good to know the bronze look comes back as that looks good!

Mine has fingerprints on the headers that look a bit naff. If I get bored next summer, I might try it. Be interesting to know if the original 'matt/brushed' effect returns over time as the Alu oxidises or whether I'd actually need to 'brush it' with something more abrasive...
Once polished it remains polished. I like it and you can always repolish them to look nice again.

·
Registered
105 Posts

Arton Works gauge faces are the best $100 you are going to spend this year. Easy install and VERY satisfying result.

·
Registered
'19 Speed Twin
7 Posts
yep his right. The needle needs to align with the first line when no power is applied.
Yes! I had noticed the needles were off after taking the photo. Quickly pulled them apart and corrected the position.

Recently installed a set of LSL naked bars and some new mirrors.

(these line up with 0 when looking straight down)

·
Registered
19 Speed Twin / 00 TBS
784 Posts
Looks good were your original cables long enough?

On a different note I’d still like to fit a seat cover to the passenger section of the seat to protect it from the inevitable road spray.
Ideas please.............

·
Registered
2019 Speed Twin, 2009 Street Triple
344 Posts
Looks good were your original cables long enough?

On a different note I’d still like to fit a seat cover to the passenger section of the seat to protect it from the inevitable road spray.
Ideas please.............
I have a Kappa tail pack that's useful for those little nick-nacks such as a bottle of water, visor wipes, helmet lock, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
[QUOTE = "Hybrid81, post: 2003952640, membro: 368978"]
Ho appena ordinato Triumphs TPMS su Amazon per $ 140. Il numero di parte corrispondeva alla parte utilizzata nel configuratore trovato sul sito Web di Triumph. È necessario un aggiornamento software per funzionare o la bici lo troverà semplicemente una volta collegata / accesa?

Modifica: sì, sembra che debba essere configurato da Triumph.
[/CITAZIONE]
News? Funzionamento?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Fitted a Pyramid Plastic Fender Extenda. Hopefully the radiator will be less of a mud magnet in future.
B10FF96F-683D-4905-AED0-6503847CC0D3.jpeg

Also put a bead of silicon underneath against the leading edge of the extenda to stop any water going between the aluminium and the plastic where all the sticky tabs reside 🙂

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can confirm that the Triumph "Summer" screen with the Thruxton brackets works on the Speed Twin, and very well. (Part number A9708131 for the set of two brackets and A9708381 for the screen.) Super easy to install. I got the matte black version. (Note that the screws that attach the screen to the brackets are stainless steel, so they clashed a little, IMHO. I painted the heads matte black to match the screen. They blend in nicely now.)

Also on my Speed Twin in this photo are the graphite dresser/crash bars. The "black" ones have a slight satin finish, and I preferred a complete matte look. Also on the bike are the V&H pipes (de-catted too), and the black ACG and clutch badges. I returned the machined front brake reservoir because of the ugly and BIG etched warning on top of the cap that annoyingly is not shown in the photos for U.S. customers. I might try to get a Euro version that doesn't have the warning and is cleaner looking.
I can confirm that the Triumph "Summer" screen with the Thruxton brackets works on the Speed Twin, and very well. (Part number A9708131 for the set of two brackets and A9708381 for the screen.) Super easy to install. I got the matte black version. (Note that the screws that attach the screen to the brackets are stainless steel, so they clashed a little, IMHO. I painted the heads matte black to match the screen. They blend in nicely now.)

Also on my Speed Twin in this photo are the graphite dresser/crash bars. The "black" ones have a slight satin finish, and I preferred a complete matte look. Also on the bike are the V&H pipes (de-catted too), and the black ACG and clutch badges. I returned the machined front brake reservoir because of the ugly and BIG etched warning on top of the cap that annoyingly is not shown in the photos for U.S. customers. I might try to get a Euro version that doesn't have the warning and is cleaner looking.
Hello swi

Swish77 I am about to receive my new bike, con you post some front pictures of your speed twin?, I am interested on how the crash bars look, I am between the Oem ones or [email protected] sliders...thanks

·
Registered
715 Posts
Fitted a Pyramid Plastic Fender Extenda. Hopefully the radiator will be less of a mud magnet in future. View attachment 744364

Also put a bead of silicon underneath against the leading edge of the extenda to stop any water going between the aluminium and the plastic where all the sticky tabs reside 🙂
Great, thanks! Just ordered one. That short "mudguard" is one of the only two things that piss me off on the Speed (the other is the preload adjuster on the rear shocks being hidden behind the silencers, but Nitrons are rather more expensive fix!)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Just cross-posting this in case anyone likes the look of these bags
Fitted the cutest little saddlebags for the Speed Twin - no use for touring, but great for the day trip odds and ends (puncture kit, water bottle etc...).
Homemade brackets to keep them straight and out of the wheels - pretty pleased with these - $3 nylon chopping board with a couple of bracket strips from the hardware store - about $15 the pair :) . Triumph thoughtfully provided an 8mm bolt hole each site of the frame for mounting :) :)

View attachment 744812

View attachment 744813

View attachment 744814

View attachment 744815

481 - 500 of 536 Posts