Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

461 - 480 of 536 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Speed Twin
55 Posts
Hi All,

New to the forums but picked up my speed twin on 4/20/19. Finally did my first round of mods
  • euro tail light
  • viba turn signals front & rear
  • zard 2-into-1 exhaust
  • arton works gauges
The gauge covers were very simple - only took long enough to finish one beer.

Next up will be a new set of handlebars with a bit more sweep back.

View attachment 739290 View attachment 739291 View attachment 739292
Not wanting to spoil your day but are you sure those gauges are set up properly - they read minus 5 mph and minus 500 rpm at stand still? Maybe another beer..

·
Registered
2019 Speed Twin
301 Posts
Hi All,

New to the forums but picked up my speed twin on 4/20/19. Finally did my first round of mods
  • euro tail light
  • viba turn signals front & rear
  • zard 2-into-1 exhaust
  • arton works gauges
The gauge covers were very simple - only took long enough to finish one beer.

Next up will be a new set of handlebars with a bit more sweep back.

View attachment 739290
Not wanting to spoil your day but are you sure those gauges are set up properly - they read minus 5 mph and minus 500 rpm at stand still? Maybe another beer..
yep his right. The needle needs to align with the first line when no power is applied.

·
Registered
2019 Speed Twin
55 Posts
I've fitted some YSS RZ series shocks. These shocks are good value for the level of upgrade over stock. I've put on quite a few hundred km dialing them in. They are quite firm, which I like, and the improvement in the rebound dampening over stock is quite noticeable. As well as the preload, the rebound dampening is also adjustable. They are listed as for the Thruxton R but as the length is adjustable the fit to the Speed Twin is a straight swap at same length. And, to my taste, the all black performance shock without the chrome top cap is a good look. Very happy with this upgrade.

Also I should put in a plug for Brook Suspension in the UK where I bought them from. I searched the net for a while looking for the best price UK to New Zealand and bought from Brooks. Unfortunately the first set of shocks that arrived had a factory defect. Without hesitation Brook Suspension agreed to pay for return freight to them and sent me a new perfect set - not a cheap exercise when sending shocks to the other side of the world. Recommend these guys, here's the link

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hey all! First post here. Got the speed twin little over a month ago.

So far what I've done:

BC straight slip ones
Motone de-cat
Tail tidy
Fork-mounted turn signals, took off the OEM ones.
Yellow headlight protectors

Planned:
heated grips
clubman or clip on handlebars
Seat upgrade
Dual sport tires
Very good, but need the picture!

·
Registered
2019 Speed Twin
55 Posts
They look good! Very tempting, even if only for the adjustment collar is at the top instead of behind the tailpipe!

Is that a Corbin seat, by the way? Looks comfy
Yes it is a Corbin seat. I had it made to quite a specific style without the standard 'duck tail' they normally come with on the Speed Twin specific Corbin, as well as a few other changes for looks and comfort. Love this seat, for me the best mod I've done on the bike!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very good, but need the picture!
The one in my profile is the best one I have unfortunately, I don't take too many clear, sideways pictures of my bike 😔Hopefully the weather warms up soon so I can go for a ride when I have those new bars with heated grips installed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey and hallo from germany. I am 52 year old and switched from BMW Boxer to british WC twin power in 2019. HAPPY! My Speed twin is still Stock but looking for some more individual touch in the near future. Now my question: are there any custom Body Kits offered in the UK? I have found a body kit at rennstall moto here on the continent but nothing than pics up to now.
4533AFF6-8798-4F49-B62D-E9E2B026D7C0.jpeg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've fitted some YSS RZ series shocks. These shocks are good value for the level of upgrade over stock. I've put on quite a few hundred km dialing them in. They are quite firm, which I like, and the improvement in the rebound dampening over stock is quite noticeable. As well as the preload, the rebound dampening is also adjustable. They are listed as for the Thruxton R but as the length is adjustable the fit to the Speed Twin is a straight swap at same length. And, to my taste, the all black performance shock without the chrome top cap is a good look. Very happy with this upgrade.

Also I should put in a plug for Brook Suspension in the UK where I bought them from. I searched the net for a while looking for the best price UK to New Zealand and bought from Brooks. Unfortunately the first set of shocks that arrived had a factory defect. Without hesitation Brook Suspension agreed to pay for return freight to them and sent me a new perfect set - not a cheap exercise when sending shocks to the other side of the world. Recommend these guys, here's the link

View attachment 741669

View attachment 741670
Hi!

What kind of pipes do you have here?
Looks amazing! I love the big hole at the
end without another small pipe visible!

Thanks!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hey and hallo from germany. I am 52 year old and switched from BMW Boxer to british WC twin power in 2019. HAPPY! My Speed twin is still Stock but looking for some more individual touch in the near future. Now my question: are there any custom Body Kits offered in the UK? I have found a body kit at rennstall moto here on the continent but nothing than pics up to now.
View attachment 742026
Is that an oil leak on the floor underneath it? ;-)

·
Registered
2019 Speed Twin
55 Posts
Hi!

What kind of pipes do you have here?
Looks amazing! I love the big hole at the
end without another small pipe visible!

Thanks!
Pipes are British Customs Predator Pros. They sound good, nice and deep, especially with the cat removed. They look factory as are not branded and have the same brushed finish as the headers.

Cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey and hallo from germany. I am 52 year old and switched from BMW Boxer to british WC twin power in 2019. HAPPY! My Speed twin is still Stock
I'd bring mine inside if I could too!

Can't help you with parts in the UK but looks like you shined up the exhaust? If so, how and did they retain the 'bronze' look or did that return after some time?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd bring mine inside if I could too!

Can't help you with parts in the UK but looks like you shined up the exhaust? If so, how and did they retain the 'bronze' look or did that return after some time?
I polished the exhaust as a contingency plan after a micro fiber cloth got stucked to the hot exhaust while cleaning the fuel tank. I used a rupes mini exenter polisher with Elster Glanz polishing paste. The bronze look came heating the engine up (the fun part). I stays quite long like this.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I polished the exhaust as a contingency plan after a micro fiber cloth got stucked to the hot exhaust while cleaning the fuel tank. I used a rupes mini exenter polisher with Elster Glanz polishing paste. The bronze look came heating the engine up (the fun part). I stays quite long like this.
Danke, good to know the bronze look comes back as that looks good!

Mine has fingerprints on the headers that look a bit naff. If I get bored next summer, I might try it. Be interesting to know if the original 'matt/brushed' effect returns over time as the Alu oxidises or whether I'd actually need to 'brush it' with something more abrasive...

461 - 480 of 536 Posts