Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Speed Twin parts and mods

269K views 628 replies 113 participants last post by  flabbygears 
#1 ·
The new Speed Twin is great, I love mine! But is not perfect. So let’s all figure out what we need to mod and what we can mod already.

So far, I have seen that TEC Bike Parts has some stuff already. https://shop.tecbikeparts.com/t/new-models

Hepco & Becker have a hard luggage system for pre-order https://www.hepco-shop.de/en/meinbike/triumph/speed-twin-2019

And one of us has dropped their bike off with Corbin to get a seat done. https://youtu.be/ob9iIyGCljE

What do the Speed twin owners need/want? What do you need to pull the trigger if you are waiting?

#4 ·
I’m more interested in dropping the weight. Between that and potentially new silencers that could be 15 pounds right there. It’ll give me breathing room to get fat.

I also want those adjustable pegs from TEC. I haven’t ridden the bike yet so I might not need them, but I like flexibility and it’ll give me something to tinker with.

On the fence about the tail tidy. Do you have pictures? I had a tail tidy on my ST and the slightest bit of rain left me with a jacket and seat covered in grime.

#6 ·
I wanted the v&h pipes. But the stock system is growing on me. I burned my cover onto my headers so a full system could interest me but that’s a much lower priority.

I’m also on the fence on a tail tidy. Don’t wanna spend money on it nor do I wanna saw through the stock mount.

I need a new seat though, the stock one is the big negative about the bike. If someone got the Triumph bench seat I’d love to know if it’s better. But mostly I’m waiting for Corbin.

Dart marlin flyscreen, stand bobbins are also on the table.

Luggage would be nice. H&B ones are so expensive, though.

What I have done so far is the TPMS system and machined brake res. I have the Oxford 1 liter tank bag for my gate pass (it’s the old one and the phone pouch is too small for my iPhone.). And two ram mounts. One for my phone and one for my go pro.

#8 · (Edited)
Not much out there yet. I don't have one yet and am still undecided between it and the Thruxton. I would definitely want a 2-1 system. Tec has one out but I am not crazy how it goes underneath the bike, sounds good though. I am still wondering if the Termi Street Twin pipe would fit, I know the Scrambler exhaust and Zard shorty 2-1 fit the Thruxton so the question would be the distance on the passenger peg mounts. Can someone measure the passenger peg straight to the middle frame exhaust mount?

Tec 2-1

#21 ·
Not much out there yet. I don't have one yet and am still undecided between it and the Thruxton. I would definitely want a 2-1 system. Tec has one out but I am not crazy how it goes underneath the bike, sounds good though. I am still wondering if the Termi Street Twin pipe would fit, I know the Scrambler exhaust and Zard shorty 2-1 fit the Thruxton so the question would be the distance on the passenger peg mounts. Can someone measure the passenger peg straight to the middle frame exhaust mount?

Tec 2-1
If your out for performance and weight savings forget the 2>1 they are not as efficient at scavenging as a 2>2 with an X pipe. In other words they lose power over a 2>2 with de CAT. Bear in mind it really depends on what slip ons your running. Been There done that. But if looks are your game, They are attractive.

#15 ·
As for modifications....

Done:
Vance & Hines silencers
Motion x-pipe (decat)
heated grips
Quad Lock bar mount phone holder for GPS

Planned:
Dart Classic flyscreen in midnight black (ordered and shipped)
Remove the US spec taillight/turn signal kit. Rizoma Club S for rear and Club L for the fronts

Reactions: Wolfmanhawaii
#24 ·
The more I think about it the more I’m tempted to pass on the cat delete. I remember that between the delete and my Remus pipes it made my bike insanely loud. Looking to avoid that this time for my ears sake. Maybe just a set of slip-ons this time. Still a lot of weight savings to be had there as well. Remus claimed a 9 pound difference over the stock pipes if I recall correctly.

#34 ·
Dart screen in midnight black for Thruxton 1200 mounted to my Speed Twin.

Attachments

#530 ·
WELL...Took it for a ride today with the medium height screen and I felt like it moved the airflow up to my neck area. Could be good for those summer rides huh. I'm not sure about this and of course I immediately trashed the shipping material. I may consider either the smallest or largest screen but not keen on the looks of the larger one.

#48 ·