Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While trying to find a flyscreen and a bracket to go along with it, I found that the Street Cup version fits perfectly. The brackets are nice, they sit inside the headlight brackets and the screen itself looks natural in black with the silver stripe.

Question is will this fit my Speed Twin? Has anyone tried it out?

I've seen flyscreens and the mounting hardware from Dart. For some reason, I don't like the way the bracket is outside the headlight bracket. This is a much more cleaner execution.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
That looks nice. But I’d love to get one of these to fit somehow. It’s from Llmberger carbon who makes lots of stuff for BMWs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
248 Posts
I was at my local Triumph dealer yesterday to ask if they have a windscreen for the Speed Twin. They didn't, but on the floor there was a Street Cup with a Triumph screen. I measured the distance between the holes and compared the hole pattern on the brackets between the Cup and the Speed, and they seem a 100% match. The only aesthetic consideration is the color of the headlight bracket: it is black on the Cup.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Didn’t they have a red or silver Thruxton 1200 screen in stock ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for doing this. I had the same hunch except I can't just walk in and hope to find these bikes here in Mumbai. Wouldn't you say it is better that we have Black brackets? Hides then well.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
248 Posts
That's why I said aesthetic consideration, not concern :) People swap silver parts for black, others black for silver...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Found this online today from SW Motech. Looks really clean, simple, and well made. Just not sure if they ship to the US?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Rizoma makes the screen fitted to this bike. The screen is silver alloy rather than painted plastic and matches the front guard. It's listed to fit Thruxton R rather than Speed Twin but the mounts are the same. The bike below is not mine, but I've got the same screen on the way so I'll post some better pictures when fitted. Likely not the best screen for wind protection, but in my opinion it scores max in the coolness factor.

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hardly surprising that Street Cup and Thruxton screens fit the Speed Twin; they all use the same headlight mounts. The screens are the same across all the water cooled Twin Bonneville models with only the mounts differing. So pick clear or tinted or a colour from any of the Bonneville/Thruxton/Scrambler/Street Twin or Cup range you want and get the mounts for your model.

Totally agree the Dart mounts are ugly and to me actually look home made. Dart screens are quite effective though - some more than others.

As for effectiveness, the short screen doesn’t do much but does keep some wind off your chest. I have one on my Thruxton. The slightly taller one is actually worse because it creates quite a bit more wind noise but (and because) it does push the wind up a little higher.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
SpeedTwin Flyscreen - Done

Here is a report on my progress. Managed to get a light-tint fly screen from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I was there for on business for a week and took some time out to check out the beautiful showroom and their really large collection of bikes as well.

Anyways, back to the subject at hand. This fly screen is from a Thruxton R and it fit's really well. Until I started to put it on, I didn't know that the screen is actually held in place by rubber compression nuts. I like that. It keeps the vibes at bay and I'm sure that there won't be any rattling. I just had to use a dab of some blue thread lock to make sure noting came loose at any point.

Now for the best part, This screen also perfectly hold my navigation device - I got myself a Beeline Moto and it looks pretty cool. In India, we have a front number plate as mandatory, this screen will carry that sticker for me.

On another note, I don't like to put stuff on the handlebar. Phone being used for navigation is out of the question for me. Hence the need for the third dial. For those wondering, I think it was back in Feb 2019 that I invested into Beeline Moto on Kickstarter. Must say that the device works perfectly fine for me.

The screen itself does a decent job of keeping dirty turbulent air away from my face. Let me circle bak with how it performs on a slightly faster / longer run.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts