Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Speed Twin factory seats

15K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  kdxandrew 
#1 ·
Good morning,
Has anyone here tried the factory option diamond stitch seat on the Speed Twin? The stock seat is not very comfortable after an hour or so of riding and I wanted to know if the optional factory seat is an improvement. I would also like to hear about any other aftermarket seats that you are using that are better than stock. I have seen the Corbin seat and am not impressed with the look.

#3 ·
If you are in an area where you can take advantage of the Corbin ride-in service, you can have the seat shaped and finished however you want...within reason of course.

#6 ·
I have the diamond seat in brown- - looks great and feels great. Ive never done more than 100 mile trip on it and it looks kinda thin in design but is deceptively comfortable. I had it on since day 1 so cant comment on it vs stock

if you are doing long trips there are probably better options

but the wind will wear you out first :)

#7 ·
Thanks for the input. Not taking long trips, just a weekend rider. I usually do about 150 miles or so when I’m out and about, generally with a stop for lunch in there somewhere. There are many options available. I will have to digest them all and make the best decision I can.

#12 ·
I’m not a fan of the curved seat. It kind of forces you to sit in one place and if that place isn’t right then you’re out of luck. The upward curve in the back kind of tips me forward onto my wrists which I’m not in favor of either. I like the flatter seat so I can move around to where I want to sit.

#14 ·
I reached out to Tamarit a few months ago asking if they had plans to adapt their Jerez Seat to the Speed Twin and they said they're working on it. It's the ideal seat in my opinion, same look as Corbin but much more attractive.

I might agree with you on a touring or adventure bike but I really need a firm butt position on this bike. With all its torque, and even with tank grips, I feel like I could just slide right off the back with the stock seat.

#13 ·
I received the factory diamond stitch seat and rode it for a couple of hours yesterday. I like it better than the stock seat myself. It is more of a flat bench type seat and does not have the cupped shape of the stocker. It is not plush or more thickly padded than the original, just a different shape with different pressure points that I find more to my liking.

#17 ·
Does anyone have experience with the Rambler R seat?

#19 ·
Thailand. I have reached out to them via Facebook, but would like to know if any one else has some feedback on them as well.

#22 ·
I'm still on the stock seat with an Alaskan sheepskin on it. It's ok for an hour and then I need to walk a bit and good to go another hour. But one day was on seat for 1 1/2 hours on a drone. It's was awful. I'll probably go the Sargent seat route. They are really comfy and not Corbin expensive. Not off the shelf but custom made for you. They turned me around in four business days for my Ducati seat.

#23 ·
There's more to a comfortable seat than just the seat. Comfort is a function of the seat, as well as the rider's build and seating position. No two of us are going to be the same, or have the same experience with a given seat. I lucked out: my T120's seat and riding position are comfortable for me.

#25 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.