Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Wondering what year speed triple wheels will fit a 2000 ST
Looked around and have not found any solid answers.

Thanks

George

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Basically any 1997-2004 Speed Triple, 1997-2004 Daytona 955 and 1998-2004 Sprint ST all share the same exact wheels.

I even think 2005-2009 1050 Sprint and S3 will be able to fit?

·
Premium Member
24,388 Posts
Triumphite,

I am not certain on this;

but am pretty sure that the Daytona's (955's) have a 6" rear wheel as they take a 190 rear tyres as std, and the Sprint is a 5.5" wide rear rim taking a 180 rear tyre as standard.

cheers
DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Dave is correct, however I beleive that some early sprints came with the 6"wheel as stock and was kinda hit or miss depending on the bike.
I may be wrong though.

For wheels that fit all SSSA rear wheels will fit as well as the fronts. IIRC the 1050s use a different speed pickup and has a different set of spacers. With a wee bit o work it can be made to fit, I beleive Decosse has an example of how to convert that some where on here.

I would assume that your looking to use the 1050 S3 so youd have to run a new spacer and modified speed pick up to use the front, the rear will bolt on though.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
2005 to 2008 S3 and Sprint use the same wheels but as far what ones you can use I think only up to 2007 S3 because of the front brake change in 2008.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
oh yeah cal just reminded me, if you use the 1050 wheels you'll need the 1050 rotors as well. They have a different bolt pattern.

·
Registered
225 Posts
oh yeah cal just reminded me, if you use the 1050 wheels you'll need the 1050 rotors as well. They have a different bolt pattern.
This also applies to later Daytona models too, as they use 5 bolt rotors, compared to the 6 bolt used on the Sprint ST.

Mark

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wheels

Wow alot to look at! I ask because Carroizerra makes forged aluminum wheels for the S3. Wanted to know if the S3 wheels would fit the ST. Alot of $$$ but man are they pretty!

George

1 - 8 of 8 Posts