Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did anybody see the 2011 S3 race the Z06 on Top Gear? 5 mile road course through some pier out in California with a straight-away finish over a bridge and the vette barely won by a second or 2. The S3 was winning until that car got room to really stretch its legs on the bridge.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Did anyone else notice the extended swing-arm on the triple? They also did a lot of drifting through corners which is great for tv.....Not so great for getting through corners quickly.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whether the S3 rider let the car win or not, I would not complain that my $9k bike had no real problem hanging with a $60k, 200mph sports car. I was happy to hear that triple whine through my surround sound.

And yeah, the show is garbage. But it was that or Jersey Shore...

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
I think the S3 was picked because it most closely matches the performance specs of the Z06. Whether it was a fair shoot-out or not, a good deal of respect was paid to the Speedy and its rider.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
It is a comedy show, folks.

Shouldn't be hard to tell that after a few minutes of watching any episode.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks for the link. It was an interesting show. I'm wondering if the S3 is still drifting. Maybe it's just me but I thought traction was a good thing.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Produced for entertainment, for sure; but I'm thinking they made a good choice for the rider as well. That 'course' was more stunt-oriented than any roadracing circuit.

IMHO, of course. :cool:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Whether the S3 rider let the car win or not, I would not complain that my $9k bike had no real problem hanging with a $60k, 200mph sports car. I was happy to hear that triple whine through my surround sound.

And yeah, the show is garbage. But it was that or Jersey Shore...
He said $100K in the video clip...it's their track version of the street the car....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts